Law & Policy: ADA & Accessibility
- Athleticism Found In Abundance Among Disabled Athletes
by Paul Steinbach August 2008
Athleticism can be found in abundance among individuals with disabilities, if you know where to look.
- Few Rec Centers Actually Address the Needs of People with Disabilities
by Corey Fairbanks August 2008
Though most recreation facilities meet the legal requirements associated with accessibility, few address the actual needs of people with disabilities.
- Syracuse Fitness Center a Benchmark for Accessibility
by Joseph D. Lore June 2008
From equipment to flooring to lockers, staff at the Syracuse University Fitness Center at Marshall Square Mall made every effort to make the facility accessible to individuals of all levels of physical ability.
- Maryland Becomes First State Requiring Equal Athletic Opportunities for Disabled Students
by Michael Popke May 2008
A new state law makes Maryland the first to require schools to create equal athletic and physical education opportunities for students with disabilities.
- Championship-Caliber Seating Configurations for Spectator Facilities
by Don Dethlefs September 2007
With so many variables in play, it's no wonder that coming up with a championship-caliber seating configuration is so difficult.
- Outfitting Fitness Areas to Serve Disabled Populations
by Marvin Bynum April 2007
Outfitting fitness areas serving disabled populations is easier than you may think.
- Michigan Stadium Is at the Center of Pending ADA Litigation
by Paul Steinbach March 2007
- More States Open Athletic Opportunies to Students with Disabilities
by Michael Popke November 2006
More states are looking to open athletic opportunies to high school students with disabilities.
- Meeting the Needs of Disabled Athletes
by Michael Popke June 2004
Meeting the needs of disabled athletes
- Access Baggage
by Andrew Cohen November 1997
With the Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines still at the center of litigation, sports facility architects brace themselves for the first revisions.