- Study: Dubuque Aquatic Facilities Will Require Repairs
by Ben Jacobson February 2017
According to a Dubuque Aquatic Facilities Report, maintaining the status quo at two city swimming pools will require about $765,000 in maintenance projects.
- Blog: Can Recreation Centers Be Entirely Self-Sufficient?
by Stephen Springs February 2017
The past 20 years have seen massive changes in the recreation facility planning and design process. As an architect, it is my job to help devise solutions to this accelerated pace of change on a daily basis.
- BYU Swimming Pool Plans Finalized
by Deseret Morning News January 2017
BYU has finalized plans for a new pool that will fit in the current space of the university's existing aquatic facility. The new design will continue to serve both the university's aquatic programs and BYU's intercollegiate swim programs.
- Unexpected Pool Closure Brings Parks and Rec Changes
by Jason Scott January 2017
A staffing issue that led to the unexpected closure of the Genoveva Chavez Community Center natatorium in Santa Fe, N.M., on Saturday is expected to result in changes for the city’s Parks and Recreation Department employees.
- New Product Roundup: RFID Locks | Cloud-Based Fitness | Aquatic Training
by AB Staff January 2017
Check out the newest products as seen in the January | February 2017 issue.
- Health Club Pool Test Finds Legionnaires' Disease
by Delthia Ricks January 2017
The bacteria that cause Legionnaires' disease have been confirmed at an LA Fitness sports club in Garden City Park, forcing the pool and spa areas to be closed by the county health commissioner until further notice, Nassau County health officials said Thursday.
- New Projects: New Braunfels Rec | Kentucky Baseball | Razorback Stadium
by Courtney Cameron January 2017
- Wellness Center Adds Floating Fit Class
by Courtney Cameron December 2016
The Center for Health and Wellness in Clinton, N.C., started a new fitness program last week called Hydro Active. The class combines the fun of water fitness with the tried-and-true results of calisthenics, while adding an element of instability which comes from doing those exercises on a floating fitness mat.
- Aquatic Center’s Catenary Roof Dips and Waves
by Paul Steinbach December 2016
The first thing one notices about the Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre in Surrey, B.C., is how its undulating roofline mimics the fluidity of water.
- New Product Roundup: Cardio Equipment | Deck Drains | Building Frames
by AB Staff December 2016
This article appeared in the November | December issue of Athletic Business. Athletic Business is a free magazine for professionals in the athletic, fitness and recreation industry. Click here to subscribe.