Law & Policy: Civil Actions
- Soccer Team's Season Canceled Amid Federal Probe
by Candice Ferrette and Scott Eidler August 2017
The U.S. Merchant Marine Academy men's soccer season this fall has been canceled because of an ongoing investigation into alleged sexual misconduct...
- Ex-Coach Nutt Seeks Compensation from Ole Miss
by Antonio Morales August 2017
This all started with a request for an apology, but it has become much more than that.
- Raiders' Rookie Conley Avoids Charges in Rape Investigation
by The Augusta Chronicle August 2017
A grand jury in Cleveland has decided not to charge Oakland Raiders rookie Gareon Conley with any crimes...
- After Title IX Investigation, USC Kicker Barred from School
by Joey Kaufman; firstname.lastname@example.org @joeyrkaufman on Twitter August 2017
Matt Boermeester, the USC placekicker who made the winning field goal in the Rose Bowl in January, is not permitted to return to the university.
- Police Recommend Charges for AD in HS Hazing Case
by Arizona Daily Star July 2017
Chandler police are recommending a criminal charge against Hamilton High School's athletic director in a hazing case involving...
- U. of Dayton Wants Ex-Player's Title IX Suit Tossed
by Mark Gokavi July 2017
University of Dayton attorneys want a federal judge to toss a lawsuit from an ex-football player who said he was falsely accused...
- Lawmakers Question Suite Use at TCF Bank Stadium
by Rochelle Olson July 2017
Minnesota's legislative auditor said the University of Minnesota should consider restricting access for family and friends of university officials...
- Opinion: Spielman Suit an Opportunity for Ohio State
by The Columbus Dispatch July 2017
The lawsuit against Ohio State University, brought by a man who is not just one of Ohio State's all-time greatest players but arguably...
- Transgender Wrestler Hits YouTube to Oppose Texas Bill
by Andy Berg July 2017
The transgender wrestler who won the Texas state girls' championship but identifies as a boy is hoping to take down a proposed “bathroom bill” in his home state.
- Family Fitness Ordered to Retract Cancellation Policy
by Courtney Cameron July 2017
Family Fitness Center of western Michigan has been issued a cease and desist order regarding its cancellation fees from the Michigan attorney general’s office.