11/18/2011 6:46:12 PM
The Running Center, NYC’s first and only training studio for runners, is seeking Assistant Running Coaches with a long-distance running background (marathoners a plus).
• Personal training or group exercise certification from a reputable organization such as ACE, ACSM, ECITS, NASM or NSCA is desirable.
• Running coach certification from USA Track & Field (USATF) or RRCA is desirable.
• Coaching experience at the high school, college or post-collegiate level is desirable.
• Current CPR.
• Current liability insurance is a plus.
• Must be familiar with running courses in Central Park.
• Must be mature and professional with an upbeat personality and a sense of humor.
• Must have a passion for the sport of running.
• Must be able to run (at least) one 8-minute mile (comfortably).
Brief Job Description
• Run with clients in Central Park.
• Must be able to effectively use a stopwatch.
• Understanding of heart rate monitor training is a plus.
• Must be available Tuesday nights and most Saturday mornings. (Exact times to be discussed).
On The Job Training
• You will be trained to be an assistant running coach by NYC’s premiere professional running coach.
How To Apply
• Send your resume to info@TheRunningCenter.com with Running Coach Position in the subject line.
• Resume must be in a Word document format, not in the body of the email.
• Or fax resume to 212-362-5017.
• Or call us at 212-362-3779.