- Funding for New Rec Centers Attached to Orlando Arena Deal
by Nicholas Brown January 2008
Funding for five new community rec centers was attached at the last minute to a new Orlando Magic arena deal.
- PEP Grants Help Hundreds of Schools Develop Programs and Facilities
by Michael Popke January 2008
The popular PEP grant program has allowed hundreds of school districts to re-energize P.E. programs with new equipment and specialized training.
- Tiger Stadium Relics Sold at Auction
by Nicholas Brown October 2007
Fans shell out big bucks for relics from doomed Tiger Stadium.
- Michigan and Tennessee Revised State Sports Calendars
by Michael Popke August 2007
Newly revised sports calendars in Michigan and Tennessee give players and coaches longer time outs.
- High Schools Use Different Approaches to Fund Synthetic Turf Projects
by Michael Popke June 2007
High school administrators use a variety of funding approaches to seed synthetic turf projects.
- Football Fantasy CampsDelight Fans and Aid in Fundraising
by Paul Steinbach June 2007
Football fantasy camps provide fans with insight and schools with a friend-raising opportunity.
- One on One: Money Man Kevin Fringer on the Modern-Day Athletic Department
by Paul Steinbach April 2007
Money man Kevin Fringer paints a financial picture of the modern-day athletic department.
- Despite Its Size, Texas' State Parks System Is Under-Funded
by Marvin Bynum March 2007
Although it boasts 114 parks covering 600,000 acres, the Texas state parks system is far behind its peers in funding.
- Unhearing Aid
by Michael Popke January 2007
Many deaf athletes are as good as Olympic athletes. The only difference is we get much less training. A lot of that has to do with funding.
- Naming Rights Deal Pairs a Hospital and Municipal Rec Center
by Andrew Cohen September 2006
Scottsdale is the site of the first naming rights deal pairing a hospital and municipal rec center.