Facilities: Gym & Fieldhouse
- HS Athletic Complex to Start Construction in January
by Jean Falbo-Sosnovich August 2017
Superintendent of Schools Matthew Conway recently gave a brief update on the multimillion-dollar makeover slated for the Derby school district's athletic complex.
- How Branding Took Iowa Football's Practice Facility to the Next Level (Sponsored)
by Michael McClurg, Forty Nine Degrees July 2017
This sponsored content was provided by Forty Nine Degrees. What is sponsored content?
A brand carries a certain emotion and leaves an impression. The Hansen Football Performance Center at the University of Iowa does just that — all 218,000 square feet. Without a doubt the Hawkeye brand leaves an everlasting impact on everyone who walks through the doors — especially recruits. The rich history of the Iowa football program is brought to life throughout the facility, incorporating key architectural elements to unify the space and bring the Hawkeye story to life.
- Mizzou Arena Joyride Causes $100K in Damage
by Andy Berg June 2017
A Columbia, Mo., man faces felony charges Monday after taking a joyride through the University of Missouri's Mizzou Arena early Sunday morning.
- U. of Buffalo Moves Forward on Football Field House
by Mark Gaughan June 2017
UB has reached its fundraising goal to start work on the project and has received approval from the state Division of the Budget to begin construction on the $18 million project.
- New Projects: Dickies Arena | ULM’s Brown Stadium | Atlanta United Headquarters
by Courtney Cameron June 2017
- Angry Neighbors Disrupt Basketball Academy's Housing Plans
by Kirk Brown June 2017
Mike Rawson, CEO of 22ft Academy, said he will probably look elsewhere for student living quarters because of fierce opposition from neighbors and the cost of needed renovations at the home and two other buildings that he bought last summer for $440,000.
- New Product Roundup: Functional Fitness Equipment | Sports Storage | Pool Controllers
by AB Staff May 2017
Check out the newest products as seen in the May 2017 issue.
- Product Spotlight: Gymnasium Equipment and Indoor Surfaces
by Courtney Cameron May 2017
- Sponsored Video: How a Multimedia Jumbotron Benefits Athletes, Coaches and Fans
by AB Editors May 2017
This sponsored content was paid for by ScoreVision. What is sponsored content?
The ScoreVision system brings communities together and gives students a new resource they can leverage in developing skills for both college and life. Elevate, Engage and Educate with ScoreVision: pioneers of modern, scalable and affordable jumbotron technology taking the scoreboard industry by storm.
- The Benefits of Gym Floor Covers
by Emily Attwood May 2017
A school's multipurpose gymnasium can be a valuable asset for the entire community, with the ability to host not only athletic events but election polling, craft fairs and pancake breakfasts. "Oftentimes the local municipality will want access to a school for different events," says Bob Curry, president of Rexdale, Ont.-based Covermaster. "You convert your facility into a multiuse facility, and you can generate revenue."