Facilities: Gym & Fieldhouse
- Technology Tweaks Make it Easy for Gyms to Accommodate Activities
by Paul Steinbach September 2010
New tweaks to familiar technologies are making it easier for gyms to accommodate virtually any combination of activities.
- In Search of a Qualified Track and Tennis Court Builder
by Mary Helen Sprecher March 2010
Look beneath the surface when searching for a qualified builder of tennis courts or tracks.
- Consider These Issues When Proposing an Indoor Sports Complex
by Norm Gill February 2010
Physical limitations, local market needs and funding sources must be considered when proposing an indoor sports complex.
- New Projects: University of North Texas; Western Oregon University; The Putney School
by Nicholas Brown December 2009
A roundup of groundbreakings and grand openings.
- A Progressive School Sees Progress on the Recreation Front
by Andrew Cohen October 2009
- New Regulations, Formulations Change Gym Floor Coating Game
by Nicholas Brown August 2009
New environmental regulations and more sophisticated polymer formulations have combined to change the gym floor coating game.
- Maintenance of Fields, Tracks, Courts and Rinks Affects Game and Globe
by Paul Steinbach June 2009
The manner in which fields, tracks, courts and rinks are produced and maintained affects not only the game but the globe.
- Cincinnati Schools Uses Sustainable Strategies to Rethink the Gymnasium
by Michael Popke June 2009
Cincinnati Public Schools uses sustainable-design strategies to rethink the gymnasium.
- Rebuilding After Natural Disasters Requires Insurance and the Kindness of Strangers
by Michael Popke March 2009
When natural disaster ravages athletic facilities, rebuilding often requires a combination of proper insurance coverage and the kindness of strangers.
- Construction complete at Calvin College (Michigan) and Anderson Family YMCA (Raleigh, N.C.)
by Nicholas Brown January 2009
Calvin College sees the opening of the $50 million Spoelhof Fieldhouse Complex and the new facility for the Anderson Family YMCA (Raleigh, N.C.) opens.