Programming: Health & Fitness
- Fitness Facilities Must Reposition Themselves for Financial Success
by Nicholas Brown August 2009
Fitness facilities that have withstood the worst of the economic crisis now must be repositioned for future success.
- Wichita State's Track Coach Whips Community Members Into Shape
by Paul Steinbach August 2009
Wichita residents enjoy conditioning and camaraderie during rigorous workouts in Steve Rainbolt's Shocker Fitness program.
- Running Program for Girls Hits Holistic Stride
by Paul Steinbach July 2009
Girls on the Run teaches children about self-esteem and personal interaction as it prepares them for a 5K run - and life.
- Ballroom Dance Heats Up as Group Exercise Alternative
by Paul Steinbach April 2009
A workout utilizing ballroom dance moves heats up as a group exercise alternative.
- Third-Party Health Club Certification Effort Could Benefit Industry
by Andrew Cohen February 2009
A third-party health club certification effort is afoot that could benefit club users and owners alike.
- Fitness Centers Must Modify Marketing Strategies to Reach Multicultural Clientele
by Mike James February 2009
The dream of a global village is now a reality. Fitness centers need to research and possibly modify their marketing strategies to effectively reach a multi-cultural clientele.
- Recognizing the Signs, Symptoms of Overtraining
by Roy Stevenson January 2009
Fitness professionals should recognize the signs and symptoms of overtraining, and help clients to recover from it, or prevent it in the first place.
- Researching Fitness Center Certification Requirements
by Doyice J. Cotten January 2009
Your fitness center's certification requirements should go beyond taking an employee's word for it. Research the certifying organization and make a paper trail to help avoid client injury and litigation.
- ACE and ACSM Announce Top Fitness Trends of 2009
by Paul Steinbach January 2009
ACE and ACSM release lists of fitness trends and techniques that provide multiple health benefits.
- Employees Follow Script to Avoid Embarrassing Ad-Libs
by Andrew Cohen December 2008
Giving employees a script to follow guards against embarrassing ad-libs.