Facilities: Locker Room
- Efficient Locker Room Design Maximizes Use of Small Spaces
by Emily Attwood December 2011
From high-tech lock technology to plush lounge areas, whirlpools, Internet access and private showers and dressing areas, it's easy to sink a significant amount of money into creating the ultimate locker room.
- Proper Management of Saunas and Steam Rooms
by Emily Attwood August 2011
In Europe, saunas and steam rooms are commonplace. In Finland especially, where the traditional sauna has its roots, saunas are simply a part of life.
- Lock Specification is Key to Locker Room Design
by Nicholas Brown January 2011
There are few components in any recreation center, aquatics center or health club that nearly every facility user is guaranteed to touch on nearly every visit. One of those components is the locker door lock. And unlike major program spaces or available exercise equipment, locks are unlikely to be one of the amenities that initially draws patrons to a given facility.
- Successful Laundry Operations Depend on Chemical Supplier
by Nicholas Brown October 2010
The success of any athletics laundry operation often depends on an outside party - the chemical supplier.
- Locker Room Shoot Proves Too Steamy for UCF Officials
by Paul Steinbach August 2010
George O'Leary is not master of his domain.
Turns out the University of Central Florida's head football coach overstepped his bounds when he allowed a local entertainment magazine called aXis access to the Knights' locker room for a photo shoot of UCF alum Shanna McLaughlin, better known for her pictorial in the July issue of Playboy. While it didn't include nudity, the aXis locker room shoot, in which McLaughlin suggestively tugged on her UCF-logoed tank top and bikini bottoms, proved too steamy for university officials once video appeared online Aug. 7.
- Technology Advances Complicate Cell Phone, iPod Usage in Locker Rooms
by Nicholas Brown April 2010
Technological advancements in handheld personal devices complicate usage policies for the locker room and beyond.
- Ground-Level Cubbies Add Touch of Class to High-End Locker Room
by Andrew Cohen December 2009
Ground-level cubbies add a touch of class to this high-end locker room.
- Locker Room Space Planning Enters a New Era
by Nicholas Brown November 2009
Space-planning in and around team locker rooms in multiuse facilities has entered a new era.
- Maximize Laundry Efficiency by Eliminating Human Element from Drying Process
by Nicholas Brown October 2009
New technologies can help maximize laundry efficiency by eliminating the human element from the drying process.
- Signage, Supervision are Keys to Keeping Locker Rooms Safe
by Amy Scanlin January 2009
Appropriate signage and supervision are keys to keeping locker rooms safe. Also pay special attention to lockers, flooring and electrical outlets.