Facilities: Locker Room
- Signage, Supervision are Keys to Keeping Locker Rooms Safe
by Amy Scanlin January 2009
Appropriate signage and supervision are keys to keeping locker rooms safe. Also pay special attention to lockers, flooring and electrical outlets.
- LA Angels Seamstress Discusses Her Unique Job
by Paul Steinbach August 2008
Erica Ford, team seamstress and laundry attendant for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, provides a closer look at her job.
- Non-Revenue Sports Gaining Access to Sophisticated Practice Facilities
by William A. Browne Jr., Joseph Briggs and Bryan Strube August 2008
Non-revenue sports are gaining access to sophisticated indoor practice facilities.
- Tips for Inspecting, Ordering and Storing Your Locker Room Amenities
by Anne B. McDonnell August 2008
Don't overlook the small stuff when maintaining your fitness center. Follow these tips for inspecting, ordering and storing your locker room amenities, and your members will be clean and happy.
- Court Blocks Locker Room Video Surveillance
by John T. Wolohan and Xinxian Zou July 2008
Citing inherent student privacy rights, the Sixth Circuit Court blocks locker room video surveillance.
- Push-Button Technology Designed to Eradicate MRSA In Showers
by Paul Steinbach June 2008
Push-button technology takes on the dirty job of eradicating MRSA in showers.
- Locker Room Essentials
by Anne B. McDonnell January 2008
Forget the extra amenities! Do you have enough of the "required" elements in your locker rooms? ACSM provides basic standards and guidelines, and other fitness facility operators share what they use to gauge their locker room needs.
- Demand for Customization Expands Locker Options
by Nicholas Brown January 2008
Technological innovations and a demand for customization mean more locker choices may be in store.
- Locker Room Crime: The Aftermath
by Heather Peavey October 2007
There is no perfect way to prevent locker room crime, but by enforcing some basic rules, you can help to protect your facility against liability.
- Fitness Pros Take a Closer Look at Locker Room Cleanliness
by Nicholas Brown June 2007
Virulent bacteria and a germ-sensitive public are forcing fitness pros to look more closely at locker room cleanliness.