- Womens' Professional Soccer Takes Grassroots Approach to Growth
by Andrew Cohen October 2009
Womens' Professional Soccer takes a grassroots approach to growth.
- Those Hallowed Halls
by Andrew Cohen September 2009
By a strange coincidence, two halls of fame are in the news this week, and the news ain't good. First, the National Soccer Hall of Fame and Museum, which opened in Oneonta, N.Y., in 1999, announced it would close to the public except on days when matches are being played on the surrounding fields. It will next open its doors Nov. 21-22, when the New York State Public High School Athletic Association holds its championships there. Then, yesterday, the College Football Hall of Fame announced it would move from South Bend, Ind., to Atlanta when its lease is up on Dec. 31, 2010.
- Game-Day Gluttony
by Paul Steinbach September 2009
The West Michigan Whitecaps finished the Minor League Baseball season 13 games out of first place, but the franchise scored big with the Fifth Third Burger.
- Fitness Facilities Must Reposition Themselves for Financial Success
by Nicholas Brown August 2009
Fitness facilities that have withstood the worst of the economic crisis now must be repositioned for future success.
- How to Launch a Sponsorship Campaign
by Chris Moler June 2009
Selling sponsorships needn't be intimidating with these eight easy steps.
- Concessions Bargains Abound at Ballparks Amid Struggling Economy
by Paul Steinbach April 2009
Bargains abound at the ballpark to ease fans' financial pains (not to mention hunger pangs).
- More Architectural and Marketing Savvy Going Into the Renovation of Spectator Facilities
by Andrew Cohen April 2009
More architectural and marketing savvy is going into the design and renovation of spectator facilities, as architects and owners try to stave off obsolescence.
- An Effective Open House Requires More than Just Opening the Door
by Andrew Cohen March 2009
Running an effective open house involves more than unlocking the door.
- Successful Marketing Techniques for Growing Personal Training Programs
by Laurie Cingle February 2009
Four fitness facilities use four successful marketing techniques for growing their personal training programs.
- Fitness Centers Must Modify Marketing Strategies to Reach Multicultural Clientele
by Mike James February 2009
The dream of a global village is now a reality. Fitness centers need to research and possibly modify their marketing strategies to effectively reach a multi-cultural clientele.