- 19 May: Seven Sports Safety Questions Every Parent Should Ask
Editor's Note: In response to the story Athletic Business published on May 19 titled, "School Districts Grapple with Youth Tackle Football Safety," the National Athletic Trainers' Association sent us the following release which we wanted to pass on to our readers.
- 19 May: Technogym Names Key Health Institute Most Active Fitness Center in U.S.
The Wellness Company Announces National Winner of Let’s Move for a Better World National Campaign and Donates Equipment to Local School
New York, N.Y. — May 14, 2014 — Technogym, the world’s leading supplier of products, services and solutions in Wellness and Fitness, today announced the winner of their Let’s Move for a Better ...
- 18 May: Thousands Sent to Emergency Room by Preventable Pool Chemical Injuries
Source: U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Injuries from pool chemicals led to nearly 5,000 emergency room visits in 2012, according to a study released Thursday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- 18 May: Red Cross Launches Campaign to Cut Drowning Rate in 50 Cities
Source: Red Cross
Washington DC – May 20, 2014 - The American Red Cross today launched a new national campaign to reduce the drowning rate by 50 percent in 50 cities over the next three to five years.
- 16 May: Precor Unveils Next-Generation Experience Series Treadmills
Woodinville, WA — May 15, 2014 — Precor®, a leading commercial and home fitness equipment manufacturer, today introduced new Experience™ Series treadmills for fitness operators. The next-generation equipment, available now for order in the U.S. and Canada, meets commercial customer needs through long-term reliability and operational...