- 26 May: NPS Awards Grants to Help Youth Explore America’s Waters
Source: National Park Service
WASHINGTON – This summer, young people across the nation will have the opportunity to get outdoors to play and explore their nearby rivers, thanks to Paddle Nation Grants, an initiative that connects young Americans with their waterways through recreational paddling. Through a partnership among the National Park Servi...
- 26 May: Survey Finds Health Risk Violations in Public Water Facilities Nationwide
Source: Axial Corporation
Nation’s leading authority on local health departments, in collaboration with the Axiall Corporation, detail recreational water facility inspection protocols and the most frequently found violations that impact the swimming public.
- 19 May: Seven Sports Safety Questions Every Parent Should Ask
Editor's Note: In response to the story Athletic Business published on May 19 titled, "School Districts Grapple with Youth Tackle Football Safety," the National Athletic Trainers' Association sent us the following release which we wanted to pass on to our readers.
- 19 May: Technogym Names Key Health Institute Most Active Fitness Center in U.S.
The Wellness Company Announces National Winner of Let’s Move for a Better World National Campaign and Donates Equipment to Local School
New York, N.Y. — May 14, 2014 — Technogym, the world’s leading supplier of products, services and solutions in Wellness and Fitness, today announced the winner of their Let’s Move for a Better ...
- 18 May: Thousands Sent to Emergency Room by Preventable Pool Chemical Injuries
Source: U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Injuries from pool chemicals led to nearly 5,000 emergency room visits in 2012, according to a study released Thursday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.