Law & Policy: Rules & Regulations
- Girls' Coach in a Friday Night Title IX Fight
by Andrew Cohen February 2009
Coach Amber Parker wants Title IX to be enforced at Franklin County High School.
- Fatal Fall Highlights Importance of Supervision and Medical Care
by John T. Wolohan November 2008
A girl's fatal fall highlights the importance of proper supervision and medical care.
- Impact of NBA Referee Betting Scandal May Trickle Down to All Levels
by Michael Popke September 2008
The impact of a former NBA referee betting on games he officiated may trickle down to officials at all levels.
- Liability Claims Should Serve as Fair Warning to Facilities in Other Jurisdictions
by Nicholas Brown August 2008
Liability claims targeting athletic, recreation and fitness facilities should serve as fair warning to like venues in other jurisdictions.
- Two New Sets of Injury-Prevention Guidelines Aim to Make Kids Safe
by Michael Popke July 2008
Though largely commonsense, two new sets of injury-prevention guidelines aim to keep administrators focused and kids safe.
- Policy-Makers Prepare as Some Young Athletes Wrestle with Gender Issues
by Paul Steinbach July 2008
As some young athletes wrestle with gender identity, athletics policymakers are preparing for a sexual evolution.
- Pompoms and Peril; Trivia Pursuit
by Michael Popke June 2008
Reviews of Cheerleading and the Law: Risk Management Strategies and EA Sports' GameShow.
- Youth Sports Leagues Playing Hardball With Adult Volunteers
by Paul Steinbach June 2008
Youth sports leagues are playing hardball with parent volunteers.
- Professionals and Courts Struggle to Agree On Industry Standards
by Andrew Cohen March 2008
If only professionals and the courts could agree on what constitutes an industry standard.
- New Dress Code Policy Could Help Change Image of Florida State Athletics
by Paul Steinbach February 2008
Will a new dress-code policy change the image of Florida State University athletics?