- How to Weed Out Qualified But Toxic Job Applicants
by Rob Bishop and Barry Klein April 2011
Like the employees at many independently owned health clubs, our staff members have duties that include a little bit of everything.
- Campus Rec Centers Serve as Incubators for Professional Development
by Andrew Cohen March 2011
Nick Davidson came to Davenport University five and a half years ago as a part-time assistant men's basketball coach and was soon put in charge of recreation and intramurals.
- How to Prepare Your Staff for Management Positions
by Amy Ashmore, Ph.D. February 2011
Encourage employees to achieve their full potential.
- Establishing Rules for the Wireless Generation of Employees
by Rob Bishop September 2010
Owners walk a tightrope when establishing rules for the wireless generation of employees.
- How to Manage Generational Differences in the Workplace
by Fred Hoffman, M.Ed. July 2010
The need to understand what drives employees of all ages is more critical than ever.
- How to Manage and Retain Seasonal Employees
by Michelle Brimecombe May 2010
Don't overlook temporary workers just because they won't be on the payroll for long.
- 'Help Wanted' Help
by Paul Steinbach April 2010
The National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association knows a little something about competition, and nowhere is competition more intense these days than within the job market. That's why I dropped into the Career Opportunities Center this week at the annual NIRSA conference in Anaheim, Calif., to learn more about what the association does to help match aspiring recreation professionals with help-seeking employers.
- In Search of a Qualified Track and Tennis Court Builder
by Mary Helen Sprecher March 2010
Look beneath the surface when searching for a qualified builder of tennis courts or tracks.
- How to Interview Teenagers for Part-Time Jobs
by Michelle Brimecombe March 2010
The keys are testing their skills and understanding their thought processes.
- Stadium-Staffing Lesson in Due Diligence Comes After Record Snowfalls
by Paul Steinbach February 2010