- 'Help Wanted' Help
by Paul Steinbach April 2010
The National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association knows a little something about competition, and nowhere is competition more intense these days than within the job market. That's why I dropped into the Career Opportunities Center this week at the annual NIRSA conference in Anaheim, Calif., to learn more about what the association does to help match aspiring recreation professionals with help-seeking employers.
- In Search of a Qualified Track and Tennis Court Builder
by Mary Helen Sprecher March 2010
Look beneath the surface when searching for a qualified builder of tennis courts or tracks.
- How to Interview Teenagers for Part-Time Jobs
by Michelle Brimecombe March 2010
The keys are testing their skills and understanding their thought processes.
- Stadium-Staffing Lesson in Due Diligence Comes After Record Snowfalls
by Paul Steinbach February 2010
- New President for Sports Turf Managers Association
by Michael Popke February 2010
- How to Reduce Counterproductive Employee Behaviors
by Michelle Brimecombe November 2009
Facility managers must develop and reinforce positive workplace environments.
- A Decade of Excellence: Andrews Air Force Base Youth Sports
by Adam Shilling November 2009
Two types of coaches, traditional and "honorary," help make these programs successful.
- How to Conduct Background Checks for Youth Sports Volunteers
by Greg Bach September 2009
Following these nine steps can help protect youth sports participants - and your programs.
- Contract Bonuses Award College Coaches for All Sorts of Achievements
by Paul Steinbach May 2009
Today's contract bonuses award college coaches for all sorts of achievements -- some of them rather dubious.
- How to Handle a Sexual Harassment Complaint
by Rick Searing May 2009
Recommended steps for handling a sexual harassment complaint in your workplace.