- Contract Bonuses Award College Coaches for All Sorts of Achievements
by Paul Steinbach May 2009
Today's contract bonuses award college coaches for all sorts of achievements -- some of them rather dubious.
- How to Handle a Sexual Harassment Complaint
by Rick Searing May 2009
Recommended steps for handling a sexual harassment complaint in your workplace.
- Employees Follow Script to Avoid Embarrassing Ad-Libs
by Andrew Cohen December 2008
Giving employees a script to follow guards against embarrassing ad-libs.
- More Women Coaching High School Boys Teams
by Michael Popke November 2008
As more women take the reins of boys' teams, high schools may be entering a post-gender era.
- Developing an Effective Communication Strategy
by Stephen Tharrett and James A. Peterson November 2008
Fitness center managers need to develop a strategy to effectively communicate with staff.
- Create a Work Culture That Facilitates Teamwork, Team Spirit
by Stephen Tharrett and James A. Peterson October 2008
Create a work culture that facilitates teamwork and team spirit.
- Impact of NBA Referee Betting Scandal May Trickle Down to All Levels
by Michael Popke September 2008
The impact of a former NBA referee betting on games he officiated may trickle down to officials at all levels.
- Attitude Beats Aptitude for Fitness Industry Jobs
by Ronale Tucker Rhodes May 2008
While hiring the right person for any job is crucial, it couldn't be more important for the fitness-services business for the obvious reason: Our industry is all about service.
- JCCs Rexoncile Nonprofit Mission with Outsourcing Fitness Operations
by Michael Popke February 2008
When outsourcing fitness operations, Jewish Community Centers must reconcile their nonprofit mission with marketplace viability.
- Outsourcing Sports Programs Allows a Department to Do More with Less
by Marvin Bynum August 2007
A Florida recreation department outsources its sports programs, learning that it can offer residents more by doing less.