- Impact of NBA Referee Betting Scandal May Trickle Down to All Levels
by Michael Popke September 2008
The impact of a former NBA referee betting on games he officiated may trickle down to officials at all levels.
- Attitude Beats Aptitude for Fitness Industry Jobs
by Ronale Tucker Rhodes May 2008
While hiring the right person for any job is crucial, it couldn't be more important for the fitness-services business for the obvious reason: Our industry is all about service.
- JCCs Rexoncile Nonprofit Mission with Outsourcing Fitness Operations
by Michael Popke February 2008
When outsourcing fitness operations, Jewish Community Centers must reconcile their nonprofit mission with marketplace viability.
- Outsourcing Sports Programs Allows a Department to Do More with Less
by Marvin Bynum August 2007
A Florida recreation department outsources its sports programs, learning that it can offer residents more by doing less.
- The Importance of Auditioning Group-Exercise Instructors
by Andrew Cohen June 2007
When hiring group-exercise instructors, you're likely to learn more from an audition than from certifications.
- Results of Background Checks Must Be Guarded to Protect Volunteers' Privacy
by John T. Wolohan March 2007
Organizations requiring background checks need to ensure that the privacy of all volunteers is protected.
- How to Benefit from Interns
by Debra Atkinson October 2006
Establishing an internship program at your fitness center takes work, but it can be worth the effort. The key is to be prepared and to know what type of individual you're looking for, as well as how the internship will work within your facility.
- Are Consultants Necessary?
by Ralph Newman October 2006
There are all types of consultants - good ones and not so good ones. When you are looking to improve your business, look for someone who can objectively analyze your operation.
- Scripting and Role Playing for Effective Management
by Mike James August 2006
With carefully scripted responses and role-playing exercises, staff members will spread the same message and avoid embarrassing miscommunications.
- Be An 'Employer of Choice' to Excel in the Spa Industry
by Dr. Mallard Owen August 2006
If you build a corporate culture that attracts and retains the best people, you have the best opportunity to excel in the spa industry. Creating an "employer-of-choice" environment should be your top priority.