- Model Health Code Making Waves in the Aquatics Industry
by Nicholas Brown January 2011
A former manager of aquatics for the state of Wisconsin's health department, Tracynda Davis has inspected her fair share of recreational pools, and she knows all too well how pool operators respond to notifications of code violations.
- Strict Usage Rules are Designed to Prevent Drowning Accidents
by Nicholas Brown August 2010
Strict usage rules at one city's pools are designed to prevent drowning accidents among children.
- Aquatic Exercise Targets Younger Demographics
by Michael Popke April 2010
Aquatics professionals are targeting all age groups with a wide variety of upright exercise programming.
- Research Lends Support to Long-Held Notion that Warm-Water Immersion Does a Body Good
by Michael Popke February 2010
Ongoing research is lending support to the long-held notion that warm-water immersion does a body good.
- Reopening of Aquatics Center Reenergizes New Orleans Swim Programs
by Nicholas Brown August 2009
The reopening of the University of New Orleans campus aquatics center has reenergized local swim programs.
- Adults Struggle to Overcome Lifelong Fear of Swimming
by Michael Popke April 2009
Helping adults overcome a lifelong fear of the water requires as much attention to comfort and confidence-building as it does to skills development.
- Accomodating the Needs of Muslims a Challenge to Aquatics Providers
by Nicholas Brown March 2009
It is widely acknowledged that people of Muslim faith represent one of the fastest-growing population segments in the United States and Canada. Less appreciated, according to some experts, are their recreation needs.
- Technologically Advanced Suits Ignite Controversy in Swimming World
by Michael Popke December 2008
Technologically advanced suits have sparked discussion and controversy in the world of competitive swimming.
- Racquetball Courts Converted to Climbing Gyms and Group Cycling Studios
by Paul Steinbach November 2008
Inspired by the popularity of a makeshift climbing gym, Oregon State University took racquetball court conversion to another level.
- Industry-Wide Effort Urges Pool Patrons, Operators to Create Safer Environment Together
by Michael Popke September 2008
New industry-wide efforts encourage patrons and pool operators to work together to create safer environments.