- Buying Equipment: Going Once, Going Twice
by Rob Bishop June 2008
When other fitness facilities put their used equipment up for auction, you can find some great bargains.
- Increased Fuel Costs Forcing Athletics Administrators to Rethink Travel
by Michael Popke June 2008
Increased fuel costs are forcing athletics administrators to rethink where their teams compete.
- Despite Reputation, Lenny Dykstra Launches Financial Management Magazine
by Andrew Cohen February 2008
Despite his reputation, former professional baseball player Lenny Dykstra starts a magazine to help professional athletes better handle their finances.
- Buffalo Schools In Midst of $1 Billion Reconstruction Project
by Michael Popke January 2008
Buffalo schools - and their athletic facilities - are in the midst of a massive $1 billion reconstruction project.
- Budgeting – Fitness Center Insurance Needs and Tips
by Julie Anne Eason December 2007
Most fitness center owners and managers don’t give their insurance policies a second thought — until they have a claim and find out they aren’t completely covered. No one likes to dwell on the intricate details and fine print of an insurance policy, but, as time goes by and your facility changes, it’s important to make sure that your insurance policy reflects the current state of your business. You should review your policies at least once a year, and December is a great time — before the New Year’s resolution crowd floods into your facility and takes up all of your time.
- With Budgets Tightening, Schools Struggle to Keep Sports Affordable
by Michael Popke November 2007
With budgets continuing to tighten, public schools and communities fight to keep sports affordable - if they can keep them at all.
- Consultants Weigh In on Ice Complex Building Plan
by Andrew Cohen October 2007
A small-town ice association procures a federal safety net - but is its building plan solid?
- Towels: Customer Service or Money Pit?
by Anne B. McDonnell October 2007
To run a successful towel program, you need tokeep your costs in check and have a good monitoring/inventory system in place.
- Against All Odds, Some Swim Clubs Manage to Build Dedicated Pools
by Andrew Cohen June 2007
Building a dedicated pool is beyond the wherewithal of most swim clubs, and yet some organizations manage to get it done.
- Keeping a Campus Rec Center's Construction Budget Under Control
by Wayne L. Hughes March 2007
Balancing macro- and microeconomic factors is vital to keeping a campus rec center project's budget under control.