Hello, happy Friday and welcome to AB Today this Week!
The Athletic Business office returned to normal this week after our trip to Orlando for AB Show 2017. If you missed it, you should: A) consider joining us for next year’s show in New Orleans, and B) check out some social media highlights of this year's event.
Now, to the news highlights…
- A football player for Tennessee State University was kicked off the team and expelled after he threw a flurry of punches at one of his coaches. The incident was captured on video. Pro tip: Don’t punch your coach.
- President Trump intervened on behalf of the UCLA basketball players accused of shoplifting in China. They’re back home now, but they probably won’t see the court for a while.
- Why should you consider hiring a former student-athlete? The qualities they learned competing make them great employees.
- Finally, we discuss why athletic trainers are particularly valuable to ROTC programs in this story from our November/December issue.
Elsewhere on the internet...
- SportTechie: Life Fitness Stationary Bikes Can Now Portal Users Into Virtual Reality
- The Ringer: Brenda Tracy - "That's My Justice"
- Sports Illustrated: Everything You Need to Know About Miami's Turnover Chain
That's it for this week. AB Today This Week will return on December 8!