- 28 Feb: Town Sports International Holdings Inc. Announces Acquisition of TMPL Gym
NEW YORK, NY (February 27, 2018) — Town Sports International Holdings Inc., ("TSI' or the "Company") (Nasdaq: CLUB), a diversified holding company and the largest owner and operator of fitness clubs in the Northeast, announced today the acquisition of TMPL. Founded by David Barton, TMPL focuses on the intersection of metabolic science, exercise and...
- 28 Feb: Registration is OPEN for World's Largest Swimming Lesson 2018
SOURCE: The World's Largest Swimming Lesson™
This year's World’s Largest Swimming Lesson™ will take place on Thursday, June 21, 2018. Each Host Location may select their own start time on the 21st to best suit their operating schedule
Registration for the 2018 World's Largest Swimming Lesson (WLSL) is open at WLSL.org. This year's event wil...
- 27 Feb: USA Football Hires Former NCAA Managing Director to Lead Its Football Operations
SOURCE: USA Football
Indianapolis – USA Football announced today the hiring of KEITH MARTIN to serve as managing director of football operations.
- 27 Feb: SFIA and ACSM Leading Efforts to Name Herschel Walker Chairman of the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition
SOURCE: The Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA)
SFIA and ACSM are teaming up to advocate awarding the former Heisman Trophy Winner a prestigious role within the President’s Council
SILVER SPRING, MD (Feb. 27, 2018) – The Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) is joining forces with the American College of Sports Medicine ...
- 27 Feb: Blink Fitness Announces Agreement for Expansion with Two-Time NBA Champion Draymond Green
SOURCE: Blink Fitness
New York-based fitness brand set to make first foray into Midwest with 20-gym agreement with Michigan natives Draymond Green and partner Tom Shumaker
NEW YORK, Feb. 26, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Blink Fitness and Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green today announced a franchise development deal to bring at least 20 gyms to...