- Contract Bonuses Award College Coaches for All Sorts of Achievements
by Paul Steinbach May 2009
Today's contract bonuses award college coaches for all sorts of achievements -- some of them rather dubious.
- A Primer on Buying, Selling Used Fitness Equipment
by Anne B. McDonnell April 2009
Ready to buy or sell used fitness equipment? Find out what suppliers have to say about how they acquire used equipment, and what the pieces go through before being offered for sale again.
- Synthetic Ice Increasing In Popularity as a Recreational Skating Alternative
by Nicholas Brown February 2009
Despite some operational rough spots, synthetic ice is becoming an increasingly popular choice in recreational skating applications.
- Fitness Club Operators Take Seven-Step Checkup as Economic Prognosis Worsens
by Rob Bishop February 2009
As the nation's economic prognosis worsens, fitness center operators must take these seven active steps to ensure the continued health of their facilities.
- Investing In Access Control Can Enhance Security, Bottom Line
by Nicholas Brown November 2008
Investing in intelligent access control systems not only can enhance a facility's security, but also its bottom line.
- Athletic Departments Rethinking Ways to Make Travel Dollars Go Farther
by Paul Steinbach October 2008
Athletic departments are rethinking ways to make their travel dollars go farther.
- Long-Ago Investment Helps City Upgrade Rec Facilities
by Andrew Cohen October 2008
A long-ago investment helps one city's nonprofits upgrade their recreation facilities.
- Buying Equipment: Going Once, Going Twice
by Rob Bishop June 2008
When other fitness facilities put their used equipment up for auction, you can find some great bargains.
- Increased Fuel Costs Forcing Athletics Administrators to Rethink Travel
by Michael Popke June 2008
Increased fuel costs are forcing athletics administrators to rethink where their teams compete.
- Despite Reputation, Lenny Dykstra Launches Financial Management Magazine
by Andrew Cohen February 2008
Despite his reputation, former professional baseball player Lenny Dykstra starts a magazine to help professional athletes better handle their finances.