Four interconnected buildings built between 1951 and 1995 were renovated and reorganized to better provide space for physical education, athletics, recreation, and training. The new addition includes a 50-meter competition pool, diving tank, athletic lockers and offices, multi-purpose meeting space and balcony seating for 1,000.
The main level of the addition contains a new entry and lobby with hall of fame displays leading to the performance gymnasium, the existing 200-meter field house and the new natatorium.
The combination of glass, metal panels and limestone complements the existing building and surrounding campus. The footprint of the addition was designed to minimize the impact on site, and the project earned LEED Gold.
SqFt: 280,000 SF