Vanderbilt University’s Recreation and Wellness Center was evacuated Thursday morning as all students were expected to report there for mandatory exit COVID-19 testing.
Fire alarms sounded at the facility after a small fire broke out in one of the rec center’s dryers. The fire was reportedly quickly contained and no one was injured.
After students were evacuated, Vanderbilt University Police, as well as a Metro Nashville Department truck responded to the alarm.
Student testing was postponed until later in the afternoon, according to the Vanderbilt Hustler.
McTyeire International House was also evacuated Sept. 17 this year due to a heating unit catching fire. There was also another dryer fire earlier this year on Sept. 27 in Crawford House.