New Personalized Fitness Experiences from Precor Strengthen and Grow Operator Business
Woodinville, WA and Orlando, FL (March 21, 2016) – Precor today announced a collection of cardio, networked fitness, strength, and functional training offerings that help operators and exercisers discover what’s next in fitness. The lineup features brand-new products, as well as enhanced designs of industry favorites, that give operators the ability to build a fitness business that meets exercisers’ unique needs.
“Across the board, our new products will help gym owners raise the bar on in-gym experiences,” said Adam Hubbard, Director of Product Management at Precor. “From functional fitness and cardio products to software that gives operators in-depth business insights, we have everything operators need to grow business, retain members, and drive additional revenue.”
The comprehensive Precor lineup will be displayed in IHRSA’s largest-ever exhibitor space, a 110’ X 100’ booth (#2825).
Precor will unveil five major collections at IHRSA:
- The P82 Console – The brand-new P82 console was redesigned to help operators save time and keep pace with the latest technology. The new console features Android-based technology, faster processing speeds, embedded Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC—all features that give operators the ability to deliver an unmatched in-gym experience that will keep members coming back for more. In addition, automatic console software updates are included for free as part of the standard software package, so that operators can spend less time with technology upgrades and more time running business.
- Preva: Reimagined from the Ground Up – Preva®, the digital fitness solution that has over 45,000 pieces of networked fitness equipment, now features a modernized operating system with a new user interface and the ability for operators to create a personalized, branded in-gym experience. The new operating system, Preva 6.0, also features the ability to add digital services, customized content, and third-party training apps that will evolve with a gym owner’s business and enhance the fitness experience for members and personal trainers. Preva 6.0 runs on networked P82 consoles, as well as existing networked P80 consoles, giving operators the ability to create a consistent technology experience throughout a facility.
- A Brand-New Spinning® Experience – Precor and Mad Dogg Athletics, Inc., the creators of Spinning®, have partnered to produce an all-new line of Spinner® indoor cycling bikes. The three new bikes, Spinner® Rally™, Spinner® Shift™ and Spinner® Ride™, combine Spinning’s category-leading products and education with the superior craftsmanship, engineering and customer service that has made Precor an industry leader for more than three decades. Together, Precor and Mad Dogg Athletics have enhanced the Spinning experience to add instant recognition to an operator’s indoor cycling offerings and give exercisers an engaging fitness experience.
- Queenax™: The Future of Functional Fitness – Queenax was built on the foundation of delivering the future of functional training to exercisers. Now, as part of Precor, Queenax helps operators stay on-trend with the latest in functional fitness. Unlimited configurations, optionals, and add-ons give operators the ability to deliver a personalized training experience that meets any member’s needs.
- Redesigned Discovery™ Series Benches and Racks – The debut of the Discovery™ Series Benches and Racks Line marks the end of a comprehensive design overhaul for Precor Strength products. The new versions of the Discovery Series Power Rack, Multi-Adjustable Bench, Olympic Flat Bench, and Squat Machine were designed with the operator and exerciser in mind. Enhanced functional capabilities, like band hooks and platforms for assisted pull-ups, make the strength floor accessible to exercisers of all abilities. These new products integrate seamlessly with the Precor Plate Loaded and Selectorized Lines, as well as Precor cardio products, giving operators the opportunity to create a cohesive in-gym experience from the cardio floor to the strength area.
- EXOS Exercise Energy Systems Development – Precor partnered with EXOS, the leader in proactive health and performance solutions, to bring EXOS Energy Systems Development (ESD) Technology to Preva-enabled treadmills, ellipticals, and upright and recumbent indoor cycles. EXOS ESD Technology evaluates a client’s state of fitness and generates personalized interval programming that personal trainers can use to enhance their training sessions. EXOS ESD technology includes time-efficient cardio workouts and data tracking from a touch-screen interface available on networked Precor equipment.
“When operators want to know what’s next, they look to us,” said Rob Barker, President of Precor. “They know they can count on us to provide what they need to build a complete fitness business. Not only do we provide operators with best-in-class cardio, strength, and functional training equipment, but we also have the education programming and support tools that will help their businesses grow.”
Demos of all new Precor solutions will be available in IHRSA booth #2825 at the Orange County Convention Center, South Hall in Orlando, FL.
Precor, EXOS, and Intel® will discuss the impact of new technologies on the fitness market, and share how operators and trainers are using them to drive retention and better exerciser outcomes in the "Fitness and Technology: Trends, Data, and Using it to Your Advantage” session. This panel takes place at IHRSA on Tuesday, March 22nd, at 2:00 PM ET in room S331.
Precor, headquartered in Woodinville, WA, designs and manufactures premium end-to-end commercial and at-home fitness solutions. Precor delivers the personalized products, service experiences and resources operators need to grow their businesses, and the tools exercisers need to reach their fitness and lifestyle goals. Since 1980, Precor has been a pioneer in creating innovative fitness solutions for customers, including the EFX® Elliptical, Adaptive Motion Trainer® AMT® and Preva® Networked Fitness. Precor is part of Amer Sports Corporation, one of the world’s largest sports equipment companies, with internationally recognized sister brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Arc’teryx and Mavic.