Source: Escape Fitness
Interactive, cloud-based, multi-device solution brings challenges, gamification and personalization to functional fitness
Cincinnati, Ohio, October 20, 2016—Global functional fitness market leader Escape Fitness, in partnership with Dutch distributor FunXtion, is launching the FunXtion Interactive Platform—a cloud-based, multi-device solution that makes functional training safe, effective, accessible, motivational and fun inside and outside of the club environment for exercisers of all skill levels.
Making use of technology, intelligence and gamification, the FunXtion Interactive Platform provides users with a functional training experience that motivates them to push beyond their boundaries on all levels. To see it in action, check out: http://www.escapefitness.com/us/funxtion
It includes an easy-to-use touchscreen FunXtion Interactive Station that syncs with the FunXtion App(both in Apple and Android platforms), and works in tandem with a Website and Wristband. TheInteractive Station, App, Website and Wristband combine to bring functional fitness expertise to every facility and exerciser so individuals can learn any fitness movement and record their performance, plus get the full overview of their exercise activities with individual exercises; workout regimens designed to achieve their specified goals; video demonstrations; stopwatch, countdown, interval and tabata timers; statistics tracking and more. This enables users to train any time, in or out of the gym, with or without a personal trainer.
Currently being introduced in gyms across the United States, the FunXtion Interactive Platform includes Escape Fitness’ vast exercise library, which empowers those who want to engage in functional training to do so, even with limited knowledge. In addition, Escape Fitness’ equipment is featured in the video demonstrations that teach each exercise.
Designed for both group and individual training, this solution is effective inside traditional fitness markets and facilities, but especially beneficial in the hospitality, small fitness studio, campus recreation, and multi-housing markets where staffing is minimal and exercisers may be using facilities at any time of day.
The FunXtion Interactive Platform offers:
• Interactivity, challenges, gamification and personalization of workouts
• Functional training support when and where users exercise
• Competitive element to increase fun for standard, monotonous workouts
• Escape’s innovative products to accommodate a wide range of user capabilities
• Truly interactive experience as the FunXtion Interactive Station links to the app and works with the website and wristband.
Especially appealing to millenials, who make up about half of the gym-going population and who value socialization and fun while training to stay in shape, below is an overview of the FunXtion Interactive Platform’s four essential components:
- The FunXtion Interactive Station lets exercisers access more than 1,000 exercises, plus hundreds of workouts and challenges, all that can be customized to fit the gym’s equipment, and that are available with instruction on the display screen.
- The App lets exercisers review their stats and training programs, share their workouts wherever they are, plus challenge their friends. In addition, it offers 1,000+ recipes and nutritional advice.
- The Website lets exercisers create their own workouts and/or upload workouts from the Interactive Station or App, plus, review their performance over time and connect with others through challenges and on leader boards.
- The Wristband lets exercisers check in with the Interactive Station and App to log and store their performance or to create new workouts on the app then upload them to the Experience Station.
“The FunXtion Interactive Platform is the future of fitness. With the millennial crowd, working out is about connecting--the experience--playing and being fit,” said Matthew Januszek, co-founder, Escape Fitness. “And, with the increased attention being paid to fitness across all generations, Gen Xers and Boomers are proving they want more formidable and social ways to stay in shape, too. The FunXtion Interactive Platform brings challenging workouts that help users get fit fast, and are portable, safe, interactive and fun.”
About Escape Fitness
Escape Fitness has been providing industry-leading functional training solutions to gyms across the world since 1998. The team has been invited to help provide innovative, exciting and successful fitness solutions to over 1000 clubs in 80 countries. For more, visit: www.escapefitness.com
FunXtion was founded by Mendel Witzenhausen and Ernst de Neef in 2011. The FunXtion concept of working out was launched in The Netherlands in 2011 and is now experiencing rapid international growth. For more visit www.funxtion.com