SOURCE: Escape Fitness
August 1, 2018 – Switzerland’s Academie de Police Savantan has a new outdoor functional training ground designed and equipped by global functional equipment manufacturer Escape Fitness and Swiss distributor FITSPRO to challenge new officers and prepare them for the physical demands of duty.
The frame-based installation spans 12 metres and sits on a 60cm deep concrete slab to minimise the risk of freezing during the coldest months. It includes two Escape Octagons linked by a 6m in length Monkey Bar that includes a Torso Trainer, Dip Stations (both adjusted and fixed), Wall Targets and Wings, as well as docking stations for boxing bags and suspension trainers.
For the police, speed, agility and strength are essential to meet the demands of their jobs as they often have to move in unpredictable ways. These are all results one can expect from functional training.
The Savatan Police Academy, located near Lake Leman and the spa town of Lavey-les-Bains, is suspended on a hillside in the heart of Chablais overlooking the Rhone Valley. Its new outdoor training ground offers an inspiring view of the Swiss Alps and is a unique facility in Switzerland as there are no other outdoor training facilities of this kind and size.
“For the heroes among us – our police, military, firefighters and rescue workers – functional training is exceptionally well suited because it strengthens the body for varied and sudden movements, not only helping people perform better but also helping them prevent injury,” said Matthew Januszek, co-founder, Escape Fitness. “We are pleased to have designed this outdoor functional training ground with our partner FITSPRO to provide theSavatan Police Academy with so many training possibilities.”
The Escape Your Limits Podcast
For entrepreneurs, business owners and influencers to learn through insightful interviews from the most successful people in the industry – the pioneers of personal training, bodybuilding businessmen and masters of movement – the podcast can be found on iTunes:https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/escape-your-limits/id1321349827?mt=2
About Escape Fitness
- Founded in 1998 and celebrating its 20-year anniversary, Escape Fitness has built a reputation for product innovation, quality and design while growing and competing through great partnerships in challenging markets worldwide.
- Escape has helped improve the bottom lines of over 1000 fitness clubs and key distributors in 80 countries.
- Committed to functional training since inception, Escape works with clubs that invest in functional training spaces to deliver the best possible exercise experiences
- Escape encourages fitness professionals and clients to ‘Escape Your Limits’ – a mentality that is the foundation of our every offering.
- Escape Fitness works with industry leading brands worldwide, including Equinox, Fitness First, Virgin Active, UFC Gyms, Crunch, Nuffield Health, David Lloyd, 1Rebel, 24 Hour Fitness, Marriott, Life Time Fitness, Jatomi and many more.
- Escape Fitness is based in Peterborough, UK and operates in over 90 countries.
- For information visit http://www.escapefitness.com
Delivering the latest trends in fitness, FITSPRO is a leading distributor of all things fitness in Switzerland specializing in innovative, made-to-measure fitness concepts for sports spaces in gyms, studios, boutiques, rehabilitation clinics, hotels and more. For information visit:http://www.fitspro.com