JANUARY 21, 2020 – ORLANDO, FL – TECHNOGYM the world leading producer of design and technology-driven fitness smart connected equipment will launch the Technogym Golf Performance Program which include Technogym’s Extended Golf Performance Portfolio at the PGA Merchandise Show.
The Technogym Golf Performance Program is the only scientifically based progressive golf training platform that provides continued exercise content to systematically improve performance while reducing common injuries associated with golf. When combined with Technogym’s advanced smart digitally connected equipment which is utilized on the PGA Tour, the Technogym Golf Performance Program will elevate the golf conditioning of both amateur and elite golfers to the highest level possible.
Technogym is the official sponsor of the PGA Tour player performance centers. These fitness centers are equipped with a wide variety of state-of-the-art Technogym equipment and provide players with more open space for functional movement exercise. Technogym is the gold standard for professional athletic training worldwide and has been official training equipment supplier to seven recent editions of the Olympic Games as well as official supplier to many professional teams and athletes in different sport disciplines.
“Technogym has been training champions for the past 30 years, including our legacy as the official equipment supplier to the past seven Olympic Games,” said Nerio Alessandri, President and Founder of Technogym. “We are very proud to have been chosen by PGA TOUR to provide world class sports performance equipment and solutions for the elite TOUR players. The Technogym Golf Performance Program represents our ongoing investment in R&D, innovation and quality standards for our products.”
Technogym also announced this month a new partnership with both PGA TOUR golfer Scott Stallings and world long drive champion Maurice Allen. Stallings has been on the PGA TOUR since 2011 and has three wins. Allen is the 2018 World Long Drive champion with a longest drive of 459 yards and a world record ball speed of 211mph. Both Stallings and Allen will use Technogym golf performance equipment to train in their home gyms.
Technogym’s Extended Golf Performance Portfolio includes:
- · SKILLRUN allows players both traditional cardiovascular training and to instantly transition to lower body power training. The Biofeedback feature provides the Player with real time feedback on their running efficiency to maximize results and minimize lower body overuse injuries. Sled pushing allows for lower body power development without the need for high risk exercises while simultaneously creating core activation. Additionally, there is an extreme incline feature allowing Players to train in a wide range of inclines. This helps with lower body strength and power development, while increasing the cardiovascular demand, and training up to a -3% decline simulating the downhill undulations they face on the course.
- · SKILLTOOLS are a variety of performance tools that create a wide range of training modalities for the players, for total body mobility, stability, and power development within their workouts, before a round of golf, or for recovery after a round of golf.
- · SKILLMILL forces the golfer to be both the motor and the breaks in that the belt of the SKILLMILL™ will only move as fast as the golfer can control it. This forces more activity of key muscles in the core and hips which is important for injury prevention as well as sports performance. The SKILLMILL™ also allows for a magnetic resistance to be applied to the belt (MULTIDRIVE technology) in order to seamlessly allow a transition from traditional cardiovascular training into lower body power training.
- · SKILLROW is the only indoor rower that allows for a magnetic resistance to be applied (MULTIDRIVE Technology) in order to seamlessly allow a transition from traditional cardiovascular training into lower body power training. The rowing stroke is an excellent way to either teach or perform multi-joint hip and back motions such as deadlifts without the need to load the golfer’s spine. The MULTIDRIVE technology allows for strength and power development in the safest manner possible.
- · CABLE STATION DUAL ADJUSTABLE PULLEY allows for countless resistance exercises to be performed both unilaterally and bilaterally. The Technogym Cable Station Dual Adjustable Pulley offers a power mode which allows for the inertia normally created when a golfer would be using a cable column explosively to be properly absorbed allowing for the most unique and applicable resistance to be applied to their exercise.
- · KINESIS ONE is the only resistance machine on the market that was designed for rotational athletes. The resistance is user defined rather than fixed path and due to the anti-gravity technology allows for force production to be in the direct pattern of motion without being affected by gravity.
Founded in 1983, Technogym is the world’s leading international supplier of technology and design driven products and services in the Wellness and Fitness industry. Technogym provides a complete range of cardio, strength and functional equipment alongside a digital cloud-based platform allowing consumers to connect with their personal wellness experience anywhere, both on the equipment and via mobile when outdoors. With over 2,000 employees and 14 branches globally, Technogym is present in over 100 countries. More than 80,000 Wellness centers in the world are equipped with Technogym and 40 million users train every day on Technogym. Technogym was the official supplier for seven of the last editions of the Olympic Games: Sydney 2000, Athens 2004, Turin 2006, Beijing 2008, London 2012, Rio 2016 and PyeongChang 2018.