Forest Hill, MD – The American Sports Builders Association (ASBA), the national organization for builders and suppliers of materials for athletic facilities, has announced the election and installation of its officers and directors for the coming year. The new slate took its place at the conclusion of the ASBA's Technical Meeting, held in Ponte Vedra, Florida. The meeting drew a record high registration of 503 participants.
Dan Wright will continue in his position of Chairman of ASBA. Wright has already served one year in that office. Wright works with Sports Turf Company in Whitesburg, Georgia.
Individuals elected or re -elected to positions on the board are as follows:
- Track Division President: Troy Rudolph, CFB, CTB, CTCB (Sunland Sports, Phoenix, AZ)
- Indoor Division President: Joe Covington (Covington Flooring Co., Inc., Birmingham, AL)
- Professional Division President: Chris Sullivan, RLA (Verde Design, Inc., Folsom, CA)
- Builder Director: Ben Brooks, PE (Patriot Court Systems, Inc., Houston, TX)
- Professional Director: Megan Buczynski, PE, LEED AP (Activitas, Inc., Dedham, MA)
- Secretary-Treasurer-Elect: Linn Lower, CTCB (Lower Bros. Co., Inc., Birmingham, AL
Officers continuing on the board in their current positions include Tennis Division President: Pete Smith, CTCB (The CourtSMITHs, Toledo, OH); Field Division President: Jim Catella, CFB, CTCB (Clark Companies, Delhi, NY); Supplier Division President: Chris Rossi (Premier Concepts, Inc., Baltimore, MD); and Secretary-Treasurer: Ed Norton, RLA, ASLA (Holcombe Norton Partners, Birmingham, AL).
Board members who will continue in their current positions are as follows:
- Builder Division: Mike Edgerton, CTCB (Copeland Coatings, Inc., Nassau, NY); Kristoff Eldridge, CTB (Cape & Island Tennis & Track, Pocasset, MA); Mark Heinlein, CFB (Turf Reclamation Solutions, LLC, Cincinnati, OH) and Matt Strom, CTCB (Leslie Coatings, Inc., Indianapolis, IN).
- Supplier Directors: David Moxley, (Sportsfield Specialties, Inc., Delhi, NY) and Art Tucker (California Sports Surfaces: A Division of California Products Corporation, Andover, MA)
The ASBA is a non-profit association helping designers, builders, owners, operators and users understand quality sports facility construction. The ASBA sponsors informative meetings, publishes newsletters, books and technical construction guidelines for both tennis courts and running tracks, and keeps its members aware of the latest developments in the industry. It also offers voluntary certification programs in tennis court, running track and sports fields construction.
Available at no charge is a listing of all publications offered by the Association, as well as the ASBA’s Membership Directory. For information on the ASBA, as well as on its publications, activities and upcoming meetings, please contact the Association at 9 Newport Drive, Suite 200, Forest Hill, MD 21050. The toll-free phone number is 866-501-ASBA, the local number is 410-730-9595, and the fax number is 410-730-8833. The ASBA also may be reached electronically via its website: www.sportsbuilders.org, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.