Source: Sports Technology Awards
Competition Starts to Claim International Kitemark of Excellence
The global competition to emerge victorious at the 2016 Sports Technology Awards started yesterday (7th October). As the only initiative dedicated to celebrating breakthrough technologies in sport globally, the race to win a coveted award is closely contested.
The sports technology sector is constantly evolving and the 2016 judging panel and categories have been created to reflect this. This year’s categories are
- Best Sports App
- Best New Sports Technology Concept
- Best Sports Technology Partnership
- Best Technology for Commercial Return
- Best Technology for Fan Engagement
- Best Technology for Managers and Coaches
- Best Technology for Use by a Venue, Stadium, Club or Franchise
- Best Technology to Promote Participation
- Best Sports Kit or Apparel Technology
- Best Use of Technology by a Rights Holder, Broadcaster or Governing Body
- Best Use of Technology by a Sponsor
- Best Wearable Technology in Sport
- Sport England Design Challenge
- Sports Technology Innovator 2016
Alongside the awards’ new branding, another development for 2016 is ‘The Hub’. This is a new portal which allows awards entrants to showcase their product or service to the industry, free of charge, using video.
Rebecca Hopkins, Managing Director of the Sports Technology Awards, said ‘Past winners say that winning a Sports Technology Award makes a tangible commercial difference to their organization so we wanted to expand this ethos to everyone entering, hence the introduction of The Hub. Seeing technology in action can be more instructive than reading about it so organizations using The Hub have a great chance to explain what they do to a much wider audience.’
Entries are open now, with an early bird discount on offer until 20th November. The awards will be held in central London on 15th April 2016.