Developed by CFM Partners, Risk-X is a comprehensive, flexible sports governance and risk management solution. Launched in 2014, Risk-X is currently used by multiple NCAA programs to safeguard and educate student-athletes, coaches, trainers and staff on critical risk issues.
“Holy Cross is committed to proactively addressing NCAA governance and risk management,” said Holy Cross Director of Athletics, Nathan Pine. “To assist us in this important area, we have partnered with CFM Partners, and we are already meeting the demands of the NCAA’s new policy. Beginning in 2015, we implemented Risk-X to train our department on important issues, including concussion awareness, and last year added training on the prevention of sexual violence and hazing for our student-athletes and coaches. Together with Risk-X, we are working to continually educate our student-athletes and staff, and as a result of this commitment, we were compliant with the NCAA’s Sexual Violence Prevention Education policy before it was even announced.”
Confidently Meet Requirements of the NCAA Sexual Violence Prevention Education Policy
In addition, every athletics director is required to annually document, certify and report the department’s compliance to both the school’s president/chancellor and the NCAA. Risk-X simplifies the process of meeting all these requirements through its audience-appropriate courses (available to users 24/7 via any internet-enabled device), automated alerts and notifications, and streamlined monitoring and reporting of user activity.
Using Risk-X, athletic directors can easily generate reports for their presidents or chancellors and can rest assured that they are attesting to and providing information that is accurate and verifiable. College and university presidents and chancellors can also attest to their compliance without reservation, knowing that Risk-X has monitored, recorded and documented athletics’ compliance with NCAA policy requirements.
"The reality, in collegiate athletics, is that governance and risk management are becoming increasingly complex. The challenge for administrators has become how to remain focused on developing great student-athletes and building successful programs while meeting the ever-changing requirements of this environment,” said Beth Murphy, President and CEO of CFM Partners. “We designed Risk-X to deliver modern, cost-effective, and flexible capabilities to address this challenge. It’s tremendously gratifying that we’ve been able to help our clients meet the new NCAA mandate today, as well as help them prepare to navigate tomorrow’s challenges with confidence.”
Risk-X Supports the Four Components of Effective Risk Management
Designed for easy implementation and cost-effectiveness, Risk-X is a modular solution that allows programs to purchase as much, or as little, functionality as they need. Features of Risk-X fall into the four components of effective risk management and good governance: Education, Communication, Monitoring and Reporting, and Management.
- Education: Risk-X presents audience-appropriate (e.g., athletes, coaches, trainers and staff) content in an interactive, graphically engaging and easy-to-understand format. Each course is designed around high-risk topics and can be tailored to reference policies and procedures. Risk-X also serves as an on-going reference for policies and procedures. Organizations can use as many or as few courses as they need. The 2017 Course Library includes:
- Sexual Violence Prevention
- Concussion Awareness
- Use of Social Media
- Code of Conduct
- Communication: Getting the right information to the right people at the right time is a big job. Risk-X delivers the tools organizations need to efficiently distribute required training to multiple audiences. In addition, Risk-X generates alerts and automated e-mails to notify users of training, updates and acknowledgment responsibilities.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Whether developing new policies or participating in training, user activity in Risk-X is monitored and recorded to keep staff in the know, streamline documentation and simplify reporting.
- Management: Risk-X resides in the cloud, making it easy to use, easy to afford and easy to implement. It simplifies the challenging process of developing, organizing, and maintaining policies and procedures by streamlining review, updates and tracking. Risk-X provides organizations with a single, shared location for important information, including policies, procedures, training courses, documents and reference materials.
Updates, Pricing, and Availability
Current users of the Risk-X Sexual Violence Prevention course receive updates automatically. New clients can purchase Risk-X directly from CFM Partners. Pricing is based on the number of users and modules deployed. Significant pricing discounts apply when multiple solutions (e.g., Risk-X for Collegiate Athletics and Risk-X for Recreation) are purchased together. Additional information and a free, no-obligation consultation are available by calling +1-202-364-2380, or emailing Solutions@CFMPartners.com, or visiting cfmpartners.com/athletics.
About CFM Partners
CFM Partners is a GRC (governance, risk management, and compliance) technology and intelligence solution provider located in Washington, DC. The company’s Institutional and Athletic Division develops solutions specifically for sports governance and higher education administration. CFM combines innovative technology with deep GRC and industry expertise to deliver integrated, knowledge-based solutions that enhance governance and improve risk management. CFM understands the marketplace, the regulatory environment and the importance of putting the right tools and information into the hands of the right people at the right time. To learn more about CFM and why its solutions are used by many of the world’s largest and most respected organizations, visit cfmpartners.com.
TRADEMARKS: CFM Partners, Risk-X™, Reg Matrix™, Access Compliance™, Access Compliance EDU™, AC Policy Manager™, Access Sales™, Access Policies sp™, Access Policies sp Manager™, and CFM Network™ are registered trademarks of CFM Partners, Inc. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.