WOODSTOCK, Ga. – Aug. 6, 2019 – To further connect with industry professionals around the world and continue to invest in athletes and strength & conditioning (S&C) coaches, PLAE has introduced an exclusive global Brand Ambassador program. Brand Ambassadors will collaborate with PLAE on product development and present new educational content to athletes and S&C coaches in blogs, videos, podcasts, social media and events.
“Through PLAE Perform and our PLAE Pro app, our company actively works with and serves athletes and S&C thought leaders, and the Brand Ambassador program represents a way to formalize some of these relationships,” said Ron McKeefery, PLAE’s vice president of performance and education. “Our goal is to give ambassadors a broad platform to deliver exclusive, practical content that helps S&C coaches thrive and provides additional networking opportunities.”
Launched in Australia, the Brand Ambassador program currently includes:
- Joseph Coyne – Performance Director for the UFC Performance Institute Shanghai; formerly was Physical Preparation Coach for the Chinese Athletics Association’s jump and sprints section for the 2016 Olympic Games and 2017 IAAF World Championships and Performance Manager of the Chinese Olympic Committee’s National Sports Training Centre in Beijing prior to 2016 Olympic Games
- Dr. Chris Gaviglio – Senior S&C Manager for the Queensland Academy of Sport in Queensland, Australia; Physical Performance Manager for Queensland Maroons rugby league team; designer of several performance inventions, including the Sports Rehab Tourniquet to be used for Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) training
- Matt Murphy – Owner and Head Coach of Bright & Myrtleford Bootcamp and Company strength training facilities in Victoria, Australia; independent gym design consultant; former business development manager for Iron Edge, a fitness equipment wholesaler in Victoria, Australia; former professional triathlete
- Mike Stierli – S&C Coach for New South Wales Rugby League at Centre of Excellence in Homebush, New South Wales, Australia; associate editor of NSCA’s Tactical Strength & Conditioning (TSAC) Journal; education coordinator and international liaison for Australian Strength & Conditioning Association’s TSAC program; member of Exercise and Sports Science Australia’s High-Performance Managers advisory group
- Lachlan Wilmot – Head of Athletic Performance at the Parramatta Eels National Rugby League Club, in Parramatta, Australia; co-owner of Athletes Authority athletic performance facility in Sydney, Australia; former Senior Athletic Performance Coach at Greater Western Sydney Giants Australian Football League Club in Sydney
Brand Ambassadors will share their valuable expertise and experiences via multiple communications vehicles that will be delivered as ongoing new content on the PLAE Perform website and PLAE Pro app. Topics will include programming techniques, coaching philosophies and more. Additional industry experts from around the world will join the Brand Ambassador team over time.
“Through the Brand Ambassador program, these highly qualified professionals will expand their reach, educate their peers and serve as mentors to new S&C coaches,” McKeefery said. “PLAE is fully dedicated to being a comprehensive resource that supports and helps grow the industry.”
PLAE is redefining athletic flooring as a foundational component of every training space, creating active solutions that equip people to achieve their best selves. Pushing boundaries, pursuing innovation and harnessing technology and design are daily passions at PLAE. Boldly committed to raising the bar, PLAE drives powerful performance.