Louisiana State University's athletic department announced Wednesday it will be allowing tailgating for spring sports, including outside Alex Box Stadium during baseball games.
The Tigers open their SEC home baseball schedule this weekend against No. 2 Mississippi State.
With Louisiana moving into Phase 3 of its reopening plan, the LSU athletic department is also raising the capacity of fans at athletic events to 50 percent starting this weekend. That means roughly 5,000 fans will be permitted at Alex Box Stadium.
No decisions have been made regarding tailgating at fall athletic events.
As reported by Sports Illustrated, guidelines established for spring outdoor tailgating look like this:
* Fans are limited to gatherings of 15 people and should be members of the same household.
* Congregations of multiple groups is prohibited.
* Face covering will be required outside of tailgate area.
* Parking lots for athletic events will be secured and restricted beginning three hours prior for outdoor venues.
The following items will be permitted on campus or surrounding LSU parking lots for outdoor athletic events and special events. Setting up any of these items will be considered a tailgate:
* 10-by-10-foot or smaller tents, canopies or structures of any kind
* Tables and chairs
* Grills or any portable cooking mechanisms
* Previously prepared food
* Audio systems (inside vehicles)
* Sound must be played at a reasonable level
* Yard games
Please note that large tailgate setups will not be allowed and that tents larger than 10 square feet will asked to be removed.
* Those utilizing motorhomes will adhere to the same policies outlined above in regards to tailgating.
* Fans are asked to gather only with their travel party and within the footprint of their motorhome.
* Tailgating policies remain in effect while on campus.
* Fans in the motorhome parking lot should note that spaces will be on a first come, first served basis and there will be no reserving of motorhome parking spots.
* There will also be no shuttles from the RV lot to the stadium.