- National Park Denies Allegations in Amoeba Death Suit
by News & Record February 2018
The U.S. National Whitewater Center is denying allegations that it is responsible for the death of a teenager who contracted a brain-eating amoeba after rafting at the park.
- School District Gets Extra $2M for Aquatic Center
by Louis Casiano February 2018
The Newport-Mesa Unified School District board on Tuesday tacked on an additional $2 million to a budget for construction of an aquatic center at Estancia High School in Costa Mesa.
- February Digital Focus on Aquatics
by AB Editors February 2018
During the month of February, AB is putting the spotlight on our coverage of aquatics and aquatics facilities. Click and scroll through the presentation below to view some of our best content, and get ready to make a splash in your own facility.
- New Pool Space Solutions from Down Under (Sponsored)
by Karen Andrus-Hughes, S.R.Smith February 2018
This sponsored content is provided by S.R.Smith. What is sponsored content?
Swimming is a favorite Aussie pastime, so it’s no wonder a unique swimming pool separation system was developed in Australia. SwimWall Systems™ from S.R.Smith help maximize pool space and allow a variety of aquatic activities to take place simultaneously. Today there are close to two dozen aquatic facilities in Australia that are maximizing their pool space with SwimWall Systems.
- New Projects: Union Bank & Trust Center | Morsani Football Practice Complex | Key Center
by Courtney Cameron January 2018
- Center to Feature S.C.'s Biggest Competition Pool
by Brenda Rindge January 2018
Construction could start soon on a long-awaited aquatic center in North Charleston that will house the biggest competition pool in the state.
- Charleston Pool to Be Enclosed, Updated
by Abigail Darlington January 2018
By this time next year, swimmers at Charleston's Martin Luther King Jr. pool could be doing laps beneath a permanent roof rather than the temporary bubble that's stretched over the outdoor pool every winter.
- New Product Roundup: Core Roller | Aquatic Treadmill | Pool Heater
by AB Staff January 2018
Check out the newest products as seen in the January|February 2018 issue.
- Task Force Narrows Possible Sites for Indoor Pool
by John Martin January 2018
With Lloyd Pool on First Avenue on its last legs, the push is on to build a new natatorium in Evansville, Ind.
- HS Stadium Demolished Ahead of $8M Aquatics Center
by Jonathan Winslow January 2018
On Tuesday morning, a crane poked, prodded and scooped up the remains of Anaheim High School’s Clayes Stadium bleachers, now nothing more than a tangled mess of steel and rubble.