By Kelley Hungerford, NIRSA Communications
Consistently rated among the top reasons attendees come to the NIRSA Annual Conference (March 22-23), the NIRSA Campus Rec & Wellness Expo is the place to discover groundbreaking ideas that define and drive the campus recreation industry. Beyond face-to-face conversations with industry professionals and hands-on demonstrations of cutting-edge products and services, the 2023 Expo Hall offers many exciting activities for building relationships while having a blast.
What’s new in Pittsburgh?
With the new year approaching, we’re thrilled to offer a sneak peek at some of the new Expo Hall happenings attendees will experience at NIRSA 2023:
- Play a round of Rocket League, explore a sample gaming station, and chat with experts in the first-ever Esports Pavilion, sponsored by Spectrum Industries and Esport Supply. Whether your campus is just starting its esports journey or you’re looking to level-up an existing program, this is a can’t-miss hub for resources and inspiration about esports programming, spaces, equipment, and more!
- Try your hand (and head and feet) at the world’s fastest-growing sport: Teqball! Sponsor Teqball USA challenges attendees show their skills in five possible sports (including pickleball!) on its innovative, curved tables.
- Save favorite stickers from your department, events, and programs and bring them to Sticker Exchange! Modeled after the returning T-Shirt Exchange with a “sticky” new twist, this is a great way to swap swag with your peers while collecting design and promo ideas.
- Pew pew pew! Gather your friends…and enemies for a round of laser tag, sponsored in-kind by Battle Company.
- Don’t fight the craze: Grab a paddle from in-kind sponsor GAMMA Sports and get out on the pickleball court!
- Attend a 20-minute educational session at the Micro-Session Stage! From roundtable discussions and product demos to research and industry hot topics, these short, thought-provoking sessions from our exhibitors will spark ideas to take back to campus.
- …and more activities to be announced!
Wait, I can win what prizes?!
Attendees will also see the return of expo traditions like the Early Morning Workout, Fitness Forum sponsored by Life Fitness, T-Shirt Exchange, and more. With so many activities, where should attendees start? At the NIRSA Booth!
In addition to the much-loved giveaway, attendees can also snag an expo activity punch card from the NIRSA Booth in Pittsburgh. Get the card punched for participating in various Expo Hall activities, and when it’s fully punched, drop it back off at the NIRSA Booth to enter a drawing for prizes like NIRSA membership, NIRSA 2024 registration, and more.
Kelley Hungerford is the assistant director of Expo & Corporate Relations at NIRSA.