SOURCE: Club Spa and Fitness Association
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, FLORIDA, USA (August 26, 2015) The Club Spa and Fitness Association (CSFA) completed its annual conference Aug. 2-4 in Orlando, Fla., by introducing its first-ever certification curriculum and announcing a number of corporate partners.
The CSFA recently released its “Private Club Spa and Fitness Management Resource Manual” to inform private club spa and fitness directors of best practices, followed by the initial certification curriculum for fitness professionals, unveiled at the CSFA National Conference on Tuesday, Aug. 4 (register at ShopCSFA.com). The initiative to grow the private club fitness industry into a global industry began with educational documentation when the organization was formed in 2007. The certification course for private club fitness and spa professionals is aimed at those in supervisory positions, similar to the process that managers undertake via the Club Managers Association of America.
“The CSFA was organized to assist private clubs as they invest in a larger fitness presence because of a membership demand among all demographics and the focus of healthy living in today’s society,” said Kevin Caldabaugh, the President of the CSFA and the Fitness Director at John’s Island Club in Vero Beach, Fla. “Incorporating fitness facilities and programs into clubs’ primary offerings alongside golf, tennis, swimming and dining is becoming more commonplace and essential to the health of private clubs. The CSFA’s certification course offers thorough and timely training for fitness managers and is another sign of the increased value of the CSFA to our membership and corporate partners.”
In step with the educational focus was the support by a number of corporate sponsors, finalized at the Orlando conference. These include:
- Peacock + Lewis, a Diamond Partner for the next five years and one of the industry’s top architectural and interior design firms for more than 50 years
- Gym Source/Cybex, a Sapphire Partner and a top commercial fitness equipment distributor
- Power Systems, a Platinum Partner and leading provider of fitness and performance products
- PreCor, a Platinum Partner and a manufacturer of premium fitness equipment
- Weeks & Callaway, a Platinum Partner and an insurance, employee benefits and risk management firm
- Iredale Mineral Cosmetics, a Gold sponsor and leader in aesthetic makeup with skin-care benefits
- Keiser Corporation, a Gold sponsor which focuses on exercise for various ages and abilities
- Prime Pool Market, a Gold sponsor and pool equipment provider
- Ready Care Industries, a Gold sponsor and supplier of hair and skin-care amenities
- WaterRower US, a Gold sponsor and top manufacturer of rowing simulators
- Silver-level sponsors include: Anatomie Style, Athletic Training Systems, Inc., Deep Freeze Cool Therapy, Hylunia, Innergy Sport, Membr, On-Site Physical Therapy, Sothys, Sun Coast Salts, and The Turkish Towel Company.
“We have had great success partnering with the Club Spa and Fitness Association in the past and are looking forward to continuing our relationship,” said Bob Lawrence, Commercial Sales Consultant in Florida for Gym Source/Cybex, a returning sponsor. “Having an organization that benefits all of the fitness industry is a great resource for professionals in our area and also for the general public, which is searching for more opportunities to live a healthier lifestyle.”
“Prime Pool Market is very excited to partner with the highly esteemed CSFA as a corporate member,” said Deborah Smith, Director of Aquatic Fitness for Prime Pool in Jupiter, Fla., a new sponsor. “We are looking forward to sharing with members our knowledge of swimming pools, aquatic fitness products and the aquatic complex as a whole."
About the Club, Spa and Fitness Association
Club Spa and Fitness Association, Inc. (CSFA), a not-for-profit organization based in Jupiter, Fla., was founded in January 2007 and represents approximately 300 private clubs and Fitness, Spa and Wellness Professionals in 22 states. CSFA’s mission is to set best practices and maintain superior business and ethical standards for those in the profession and includes an annual national conference, regional education events, an annual trend report, a “Future of Fitness” scholarship with California University of Pennsylvania, an online job bank and affiliation with the Club Managers Association of America (CMAA). Please see csfassociation.com for more information.