SOURCE: Ecore Athletic
GymNation recently opened its first fitness facility in the United Arab Emirates, introducing its unique and affordable fitness concept to a new audience. The 40,000-square-foot fitness facility in Dubai offers a wide array of programs and equipment options, to ensure a pleasant experience for both first–time gym-goers as well as the most dedicated of athletes.
The GymNation model features dedicated zones for each exercise – weight lifting, plate-loaded, free weights, cardio, boxing, CrossFit, functional fitness, running track and group fitness classes. The facility includes a 4,000-square-foot group exercise studio, 1,800-square-foot spinning studio, a dedicated section for personal trainers and a ladies-only gym with 3,000 square feet full of Matrix fitness equipment to meet Middle Eastern culture demands.
GymNation CEO Loren Holland partnered with Johnson Health Tech ME to specify and design the facility from top to bottom. A key component of the facility’s design included the specification of innovative resilient flooring from Ecore Athletic.
“Selecting the right flooring for each area of the facility was paramount to assuring an optimal experience for guests of this multi-functional fitness facility,” said Holland.
Johnson Health Tech ME, the sole supplier of fitness equipment for the GymNation project, recommended Ecore Athletic flooring in the early stages of the design process. The Johnson Health Tech team worked to create a cohesive space while selecting specific materials and equipment for each zone.
“Working with our design team, we proposed the appropriate Ecore products to meet client expectations in terms of quality, performance, force reduction and energy restitution based on the equipment and exercise programs,” said Mohamed Fetouh, regional key account manager with Johnson Health Tech ME.
Ecore flooring products were incorporated throughout the GymNation facility, including:
- · Bounce 2: A synthetic wood-grain surface fusion bonded to a 5mm base layer picked for the group exercise studio to support constant movement and feet pounding
- · Everlast: A vulcanized composition rubber product designated in areas focused on cardio, functional fitness, personal trainer work and walkways
- · Speed & Agility Turf: Textured nylon wear layer installed to create the natural feeling of running outside and for sled work, marking the first time this material has been used in a UAE fitness facility
- · Performance Rally: A 2.5mm wear layer with a 12mm shock absorbing base layer selected for free weight areas, due to the thickness and density level that provide higher force reduction and energy restitution
- · Spectator: A 2.5mm luxury vinyl tile uniquely chosen for the spinning studio with four different levels and a stage for the instructor
For Holland, choosing the right flooring material was a top priority for realizing the design vision.
“It is not just a floor, as we consider flooring as important of a product in the gym as any other piece of equipment, all equally contributing to the success of the services we provide,” said Holland. “While our members really enjoy the overall experience in the facility, our running track has collected the highest score in our member satisfaction surveys.”
According to Fetouh, installing Ecore Athletic surfacing was an easy decision due to its reputation in the industry.
“For years, Ecore has produced innovative flooring products that empower the whole fitness industry worldwide, and they continue to provide quality, durability, safety, ergonomic and acoustic solutions,” said Fetouh. “Ecore’s use of technology allows the company to provide the industry with the longest warranty, ensuring the best value.”
Holland agrees with Fetouh, preferring Ecore surfacing to others on the market based on quality, ergonomics and acoustics, and he plans to include the flooring in new gym installations in the future.
“Choosing Ecore flooring products is one of the main elements of our club’s success,” said Holland. “It works perfectly, and it matches with our fit, designs and equipment colors. We encourage other club owners to integrate these products into their gyms to create a pleasant destination and fitness experience.”