SOURCE: International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
IHRSA announces a name change for supplier members, forms a new advisory council, and releases the IHRSA 2021 Exhibitor Prospectus.
BOSTON, MA—February 12, 2021—In its most recent move to revitalize the fitness industry and ensure the success of its members, IHRSA, the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association, formed the Industry Partner Advisory Council to advise the IHRSA Board of Directors in support of growing, protecting, and promoting the industry.
The council is a representative body of IHRSA’s industry partners, formerly known as associate members, who manufacture or supply products or services related to fitness-related businesses’ operations. The council’s purpose is to:
- Provide strategic insights, direction, and guidance for the association’s future.
- Be a liaison with the membership at large and build consensus toward common goals.
- Help create and maintain the value of membership as part of IHRSA.
- Assist in the ongoing evaluation and evolution of the Annual IHRSA International Convention & Trade Show.
- Support international initiatives involving research, advocacy, education, and health promotion.
- Identify opportunities for industry partners to contribute toward the overarching goals of promoting physical activity and well-being in communities around the world.
Nine IHRSA industry partners, plus the IHRSA president and CEO, who serves as a non-voting member, make up the Industry Partner Advisory Council. The council represents but is not limited to Fitness Equipment Manufacturers, Technology/Club Management Software Providers, and Technology/Digital Services—such as content providers, wearables, and artificial intelligence.
Industry Partner Advisory Council members have shown success through their businesses, are passionate, and are committed to serving the health and fitness industry. The inaugural council includes:
- Daron Allen, President and CEO, VFPnext
- Rickard Blomberg, President, Eleiko Sport, Inc.
- Bill Davis, CEO, ABC Fitness Solutions
- Laurie McCartney, President Global Fitness and Wellness Solutions, Ascend Learning
- Petra Robinson, Fitness Industry Adviser & Trade Show Productions, Zumba Fitness
- Al Rousseau, Sr. Director Strategic Accounts, Precor
- Alastair Watson, Vice President, Keiser Corporation
- Dan Wille, Global Vice President of Product Development, Strategy, and Marketing, Life Fitness
- Emmett Williams, CEO Asia Pacific and Founding Partner, Myzone
"I am honored to have the opportunity to give back to the industry,” said Daron Allen, president and CEO of VFPnext. “Having started in the industry in 1992 on the club operator side, attending the IHRSA Institute as a student twice, and then returning as a Faculty Presenter at the Institute, I am a huge believer in IHRSA and their mission to promote and protect the industry. Having the opportunity to serve and give back is truly an honor."
Council members voluntarily serve for two years and may apply to serve an additional one to two years at the end of their service. Beginning in 2023, the advisory council will add at least three new members each year. Learn more information about the Industry Partner Advisory Council.
The advisory council’s formation is another way that IHRSA seeks to revive the fitness industry and recover the damages of the coronavirus pandemic. In September, IHRSA plans to reunite the global industry in-person at IHRSA’s 40th Anniversary International Convention & Trade Show in Los Angeles. Now available is the IHRSA 2021 Exhibitor Prospectus.
IHRSA, the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association, is a not-for-profit trade association representing the global fitness industry of over 200,000 health and fitness facilities and their suppliers.
IHRSA maintains a leadership role in advancing physical activity, which is critical to peak health and fight the battle against obesity and chronic lifestyle disease. As one of the world's leading authorities on the commercial health club industry, IHRSA’s mission is to grow, promote, and protect the health and fitness industry, while providing its members with benefits and resources. IHRSA and its members are devoted to making the world happier, healthier, and more prosperous through regular exercise and activity promotion. IHRSA is the publisher of Club Business International, the leading monthly magazine for the global fitness industry.