Welcome to AB Today this Week!
Before we begin, I wanted to thank you for reading AB Today this year – its been a lot of fun and the feedback that we get from our newsletter is a real thrill for us. If there’s anything you’d like to see for 2018, or you’d like to send us a story idea, shoot us an email: email@example.com.
Now, to the news highlights…
- Lawsuits! While making his MLB debut in right field, Dustin Fowler, then with the New York Yankees, suffered a season-ending knee injury at Chicago’s Guaranteed Rate Field. He’s now suing the ball club and the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority for negligence. Also, a Chicago-area high school is facing a suit claiming it didn’t do enough to intervene in the case of a predatory coach.
- Basketball dad LaVar Ball revealed his plans to form a basketball league for high school graduates who aren’t interested in attending college.
- The new college football early signing period kicked off this week, and we rounded up some of our best college sports and recruiting coverage to celebrate.
- NCS4’s new lab is training the next generation of sports safety and security professionals.
Elsewhere on the internet...
- From Tech Crunch: Fiit secures $3.2M seed investment to let you work out with your fiends, live
- From The Topeka Capital-Journal: KU postpones construction of new volleyball arena to late 2018
- From the Orlando Sentinel: American Athletic Conference pushes to hold onto more of its star coaches
That's it for 2017! We'll see you next year.