Log in to view the full article
KEMPELE, FINLAND – April 22, 2020 – Polar, the leader in wearable sports and fitness technology for over 40 years, announces a new addition to our performance lineup: Polar Grit X. Developed to help outdoor enthusiasts push their boundaries, Grit X offers a robust and lightweight design, outstanding battery life, and entirely new Polar smart coaching features. Whether you’re out on the trails or preparing for future adventures with supportive workouts indoors, Polar Grit X comes with all the essential tools you need to power through anything.
Polar Grit X features US military-grade standard (MIL-STD-810G) construction, designed to endure the roughest conditions. The watch also boasts an incredible weight-to-battery ratio, delivering 40 hours of continuous training with all features fully-activated, as well as up to 100 hours via a portfolio of power save options, perfect for extended adventures or ultra events.
Understanding and calibrating intensity on hilly terrain has long been a key challenge for outdoor athletes. Polar’s new Hill Splitter™ feature automatically detects uphill and downhill segments and delivers detailed ascent/descent performance reporting after each session. Powered by Hill Splitter, outdoor athletes can truly understand the intensity of their training, learn quickly how to gauge effort on variable terrain, compare sessions, and perfectly execute structured workouts. Hill Splitter is perfect for athletes executing structured training programs as well as for outdoor enthusiasts who wish to optimize their outdoor experience through perfect pacing.
Next to proper calibration of intensity, the achilles heel for many outdoor athletes is hydration and nutrition consistency. For longer sessions, Polar’s FuelWise™ smart fueling assistant is the perfect companion, delivering nutrition and refueling reminders required to maintain proper energy and hydration through even the longest sessions. Gone are the days of the dreaded “bonk.”
Other new additions include Komoot integration for route sourcing and turn-by-turn guidance. Grit X also delivers weather guidance directly to the watch for ease of planning and on-the-go updates as conditions evolve.
“In recent years, Polar has introduced a robust suite of features including training load, recovery, running power, sleep, and personalized training recommendations for athletes of all levels. Polar Grit X takes this even further not just with new features, but with powerful insights and feedback designed for outdoor enthusiasts,” says Tom Fowler, President of Polar USA. “The world’s best recreational and pro athletes across endurance and team sports trust Polar data and insights to drive high performance. With Grit X, this capability extends from the asphalt and athletic field to the trails, slopes, mountains and rivers. Our goal is singular: help outdoor athletes optimize every aspect of their outdoor experience.”
Grit X also touts a variety of performance and Polar Smart Coaching features including:
- Polar Precision Prime™: Track your heart rate directly from the wrist with Polar’s unique sensor fusion technology.
- FitSpark™: Polar Grit X and the FitSpark™ training guide make sure you’re prepared to conquer the trails with ready-made daily workouts that match your recovery, readiness and training history.
- Nightly Recharge™: Based on yesterday’s performance, Nightly Recharge gives you critical insight into your overnight recovery status so you can make optimal choices relative to exercise, nutrition and sleep hygiene today.
- Training Load Pro™: Prevent over and undertraining by monitoring how your session strains the different systems of your body, helping you train more effectively. Training Load Pro takes a comprehensive approach, combining Cardio Load, Muscle Load and Perceived Load into a single, easy-to-understand view.
- Sleep Plus Stages™: Track your sleep stages and get detailed insights into your sleep quality.
- Running Power: Polar’s unique wrist-based measurement monitors your muscular work rate while running. Running Power is the key to gauging running workout intensity, enabling you to hit your perfect run intensities every time.
- Polar Flow: Our web and mobile app is the hub on which you review overall training status, analyze training results and plan trainings in detail.
Polar Grit X is available today at www.polar.com/grit-x for $429.95 in black and green in size M/L and white in size S/M. Black, white and green silicon accessory bands are available for $29.95. Green Tundra, Red Paracord, and Blue Paracord textile accessory bands are available for $39.95, and leather accessory band is available for $49.95.
For over 40 years, Polar has been the innovator of sports technology, helping athletes and coaches achieve peak performance. Polar began with heart rate monitoring and has since expanded into multiple training solutions for elite athletes, coaches and active fitness enthusiasts. Polar remains the trusted performance partner due to our accuracy, reliability and superior experience. Polar’s award-winning product range includes pioneering sports wearables that work elegantly with Polar training apps and cloud services.
Headquartered in Finland, Polar is a privately held company that operates in more than 80 countries. Polar products are sold through over 35,000 retailers globally. For more information, please visit polar.com.