Copyright 2018 Union Leader Corp.
All Rights Reserved
The Union Leader (Manchester, NH)
HARTFORD, Conn. — Several students from East Haven High School's volleyball team sustained minor injuries Thursday night when antifreeze in a bus combusted and filled the vehicle with smoke, school officials said.Emergency crews responded to the scene at the high school on Wheelbarrow Lane about 8:30 p.m., the East Haven Fire Department said. The team evacuated through the bus's back door and all students were accounted for, school officials said. Several students were treated for minor injuries caused by the antifreeze, the school said. The East Haven Fire Department did not immediately respond to questions about what prompted the incident.
Read More of Today's AB Headlines
Subscribe to Our Daily E-Newsletter