Happy Friday, and welcome to AB Today This Week!
This week our editorial team has been hard at work on our first issue of 2018. The New Year will feature a few fun additions to our content that we’re excited to share with you.
Now, to the news highlights…
- A girls’ high school basketball game in Montana ended with a truly astonishing score: 102-0. A rash of injuries hit one of the teams, and by the end of the game they were so shorthanded they were playing 3-on-5.
- Did you see the Big Ten Championship football game last weekend? The star of the game wasn’t an athlete at all — it was field manager Eric Harlow. Here’s how he came to fame.
- The International Olympic Committee banned Russia from competing in the 2018 Winter Games over the sweeping doping scandal.
- AB contributors offered some great advice on planning and designing two kinds of facilities that present some special challenges: aquatics facilities and ice arenas.
Elsewhere on the Internet…
- The college football coaching carousel is spinning, via ABC News: “Grading the college football coaching hires so far”
- Looking back on 2017’s top fitness trends, via Self: “These Are the Biggest Fitness Trends of 2017, According to ClassPass”
- California wildfires impacting sports, via ESPN.com: “UCLA cancels Montana game due to Southern California wildfires”
We're always looking out for new story ideas and tips. If we missed anything this week, shoot us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org