Subscribers to AB Today, our daily email newsletter, had lots on their minds during the tumultuous year that was 2020. While readers always turn to AB for practical advice for everything from disinfecting fitness equipment to maintaining hardwood courts, our most-read stories from 2020 mostly focused on how the industries we cover managed the pandemic, with some eye-popping behavior from individuals mixed in.
Below are the 10 most-read stories from 2020. Take a look and reflect on the year that was, as we look to turn the page.
- 1. Ensuring a Healthy Gym Environment After COVID-19
- 2. Wrestling Dad Arrested After Tackling Son's Opponent
- 3. Gold's Gym CEO Details Phased Reopening Plan
- 4. JV Players Suspended After Assaulting Their Coach
- 5. Five Conferences Cancel Fall Sports; WAC, Horizon Delay
- 6. CrossFit CEO Sparks Outrage, Reebok Pulls Support
- 7. Athletics Staff Temporarily Cut Amid Outbreak
- 8. Iowa Cuts Four Sports as Deficits Hit Big Ten
- 9. California Governor Tweets Plan for Reopening Sports
- 10. Ex-SJSU Athletics Official Claims Misconduct Cover-Up