Happy (almost) Halloween and welcome to AB Today This Week!
Here’s a look at some of the stories that AB’s editorial staff found interesting this week:
First, $1.75 million for hurricane relief and a rivalry renewed. We like this.
Kudos to all of the other programs participating in these fun events for a worthy cause!
Now, to the news highlights…
- Good news for the turf industry as another study indicates that recycled rubber synthetic turf infill poses no health risks.
- Upscale gym Equinox got hit with separate lawsuits: one by a former member alleging a yoga instructor sexually assaulted him, another claiming a personal trainer drove a man to injury.
- High school coaches in hot water over behavior that crosses the line. A longtime track coach was axed after making an inappropriate joke, and a cheer coach was fired for text communication with a student (though she claims her firing was retaliatory after she reported the athletic director for sexual harassment).
- Also, be sure to check out our club columnist Rob on how focusing on customer service helped turn the tide for his business.
Elsewhere on the internet…
- Sports Illustrated: Football in America: Chicago—Where Traditions Are Born, Revived and Obsessed Over
- ESPN: Gaffes, TV ratings concerns dominated as NFL, players forged anthem peace
Finally, have you heard about a little event called AB Show coming up in a couple of weeks in Orlando? Of course you have, since you’re an astute industry professional! But if you haven’t registered to attend yet, there’s still time. Don’t miss out on this one-of-a-kind industry event. AB Show has the latest and greatest in products for outfitting your facility on the expo floor, or you can juice your program with insights from industry leaders in educational seminars. Plus, AB staff will be there!
Come on. Don’t be lame. Come hang out. Visit abshow.com for more.