The Brainerd (Tenn.) Recreation Center has reopened after being evacuated earlier in the week over a chlorine accident in the building. 

The Chattanooga Fire Department evacuated the rec center Wednesday afternoon. CFD Captain Chuck Hartung says work was being done to the facility's pool when a "splash scare" happened with chlorine. 

Specifically, a company had been filling chlorine for a pool downstairs in the basement of the building when a water line broke, causing a liquid chlorine spill, according to the Chattanooga ABC affiliate.

The building was evacuated out of an abundance of caution so CFD could determine whether the spill posed any danger.

The building was ventilated and was able to reopen Thursday. No injuries were reported.

Andy Berg is Executive Editor of Athletic Business.