Buyers Guide: Perkins+Will
475 Lincoln St., Suite 100
Denver, CO 80203
Phone: (303) 308-0200
Fax: (303) 308-0222
Perkins+Will believes in a holistic view of health and wellbeing, and through our buildings we create important forums that are helping students, faculty, staff improve their physical, mental and spiritual health. Expanding the mission of health and wellbeing is becoming increasingly integrated with areas that have been traditionally considered separately. Areas such as health and counseling services, student life activities, sports medicine, exercise science, and nutrition are collaborating with the programs and spaces included in athletic and campus recreation facilities. We offer a very different approach to the programming, planning and design of facilities designed for competition, wellbeing, and social interaction – this is a “life experience building”. We are one of a few firms in North America that has a balanced portfolio of K-12, higher education, community, healthcare facilities and professional venues.
See projects from this firm that have been featured in the Architectural Showcase:
- Allen Event Center
- ARC Center, West Chicago Park District
- Brant Sports Complex
- Brookdale Community College
- Broomfield Events Center
- California State University, Bakersfield Student Recreation Center
- California State University, Fresno Student Recreation Center
- Cedar Park Center
- Central Park Recreation Center at Stapleton
- Clarence-Rockland Recreation and Cultural Complex
- Colorado School of Mines Student Recreation Center
- Colorado School of Mines Student Recreation Center and Lockridge Arena
- Cornell Community Centre & Library
- Crisler Center Renovation and Addition - U. of Michigan
- Crisler Center Renovation and Addition - University of Michigan
- David Braley Athletic and Recreation Centre - Mohawk College
- Denny Sanford Premier Center
- Denver Broncos Training Facility
- Eastern Washington University Recreation Center
- Fruita Community Center
- Grand Park Community Recreation Center
- Greeley Family Fun Plex
- Greeley Ice Haus
- Independence Events Center and Community Ice Rink
- Inner Mongolia Arena & Olympic Practice Facility
- Kiwanis Aquatic Centre and Grantham Branch Library
- Meadowvale Community Centre and Library
- Mesa State College
- Mountaineer Field House Renovation and Addition, Western State Colorado University
- Northern Arizona University, Aquatic & Tennis Complex
- Northside Aztlan Community Center
- Parker Recreation Center Renovation & Expansion
- PPL Center and Lehigh Valley Health Network at One City Center
- Rasmussen Fitness & Sports Center - Creighton University
- Recreation Center at Southridge
- Robins Center Renovation - University of Richmond
- Saint Louis University
- Santa Ana Star Center
- Sebo Athletic Center - Bowling Green State University
- Stoney Creek Community Centre, YMCA and Library
- Stouffville Clippers Sports Complex
- Ted Stevens Sports Services Center – United States Olympic Training Center
- Thames Pool Renovation
- The Meadows Community Recreation Centre and Edmonton Library
- Town of Parker Fieldhouse
- Trent University
- UCHealth Training Center
- University of Colorado Basketball/Volleyball Practice Facility
- University of Massachusetts Football Performance Center and the Martin and Richard Jacobson Press & Skybox Complex
- University of New Mexico
- University of Oregon
- UW Health Sports Factory
- Wayne and Eileen Ryan Athletic Center & D.J. Sokol Arena Creighton University
- William Davidson Player Development Center, University of Michigan
- Williston Area Recreation Center
- Williston Area Recreation Center
- York Recreation Centre
Currently under construction, the Patrick G. and Shirley W. Ryan Fieldhouse and Mark and Kimbra Walter Athletics Center is a transformational athletic expansion on Northwestern University’s Evanston campus.
Delivered in collaboration with associate architect HOK, the Center will provide the Athletics and Recreation Department with state-of-the-art training spaces, indoor and outdoor practice and competition fields, natatorium expansion, and administrative offices. A large indoor multipurpose fieldhouse will provide space for athletics practice, recreation, club sports, intramurals, and major events.
SqFt: 420,000 sq. ft.
Indoor amenities include a twin-pad ice arena; recreational/competition and therapy pools; a 2-level fitness area with an indoor track; a gymnasium; community multipurpose rooms, and a 15,000-square-foot library.
Complementary outdoor amenities include a leisure skate area, multi-use courts, an exterior library reading garden, a spray park, & beach volleyball courts.
Cost: $94 million (Canadian)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
The South State Street Campus is home to a number of UM varsity sports including Tennis, Wrestling, Gymnastics, and Soccer. Each sport has dedicated facilities on the South State Street Campus. Among the new buildings being proposed on the site are indoor and outdoor track venues with accompanying fields, a lacrosse team center and stadium, a state of the art rowing facility, a new performance center including a large strength & conditioning center, a human performance lab, and a state of the art athletic medicine facilities that will serve the roughly 400 student athletes that will train and compete on the South State Street Campus.
Cost: $166 Million
SqFt: 605,242 sq. ft.
Williston, North Dakota
Sink Combs Dethlefs working with JLG Architects designed Williston Area Recreation Center (ARC), which is the largest parks district-owned rec center in the nation and offers a wide variety of amenities to the public.
The largest area within the ARC combines four basketball courts and the 200-meter competition track, set in the 56,373-square-foot, 4 basketball court multi-use space. Another area includes a 40- by 60-yard indoor turf fieldhouse. It also houses two dedicated and four retractable batting cages for baseball enthusiasts.
Cost: $70 million
SqFt: 240,000 sq. ft.